In an effort to showcase our profession within the health care community and the impact PTs and PTAs have on the public at-large, APTA and the Private Practice Section of the American Physical Therapy Association (PPS) hosted a video contest, open to APTA membership.
Winners will be contacted by APTA staff.
Contest Video Specifications
In a maximum of 3 minutes in length, video submissions should demonstrate the societal value of physical therapy, while focusing on one or both of the following themes:
- Tell a story about how PTs transform society by optimizing movement to improve the human experience.
- Demonstrate or relate an example of how physical therapy reduces overall or downstream health care costs, and improves patient outcomes better than other interventions.
Interviews, animation, dramatization, and other creative formats are welcome and encouraged!
Video tech requirements include:
- MP4 format
- HD quality
- 30 frames per second
- 1920 x 1080 or 1280 x 720 aspect ratio
- All videos must be in landscape (horizontal) orientation
All contest submissions must use original footage, the rights of which will be transferred to APTA and PPS upon submission. The video must be produced solely by contributing members, without assistance from APTA or PPS.
All those entering a video to the contest and all on-screen talent must sign the waiver (.doc). (Note: Any videos submitted without all required signatures will not be accepted.)
The contest submissions period will open June 21, 2017, and close September 30, 2017.
Submission Deadline: Saturday, September 30, 2017
- Review official rules and submission information (.pdf)
- Complete entrant form and waiver (.doc)
- Contact Amelia Sullivan at APTA to begin the submission process.
Once the contest entrant has confirmed with APTA staff via email that all technical specifications are met and the contest waiver is complete, APTA staff will assist in the transfer of the video file.
Contact Amelia Sullivan at: firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.