Dates: May 18-19, 2018
Location: Aurora, CO (University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus)
Course Type: Live Seminar
Price: Available through course contact
CEU: 1.7 CEUs/CCUs (17 contact hours)*
*Please note: Licensees should verify with their state licensing board for acceptance of continuing education units by reviewing the relevant state practice act and/or administrative code.
Description: Credentialed Clinical Instructor Program Level 2 (CCIP Level 2) is the successor to APTA’s former Advanced Credentialed Clinical Instructor Program (ACCIP). This voluntary program is designed for physical therapists and physical therapist assistants who have successfully completed the APTA Credentialed Clinical Instructor Level 1 Program (CCIP Level 1), and want to further develop their clinical teaching skills and construct a clinical curriculum. The unique philosophy and design of CCIP Level 2 both applies and goes beyond the concepts of the structured learning environment of CCIP Level 1 to enable clinical educators to achieve the best outcomes for student learning.
At the conclusion of CCIP Level 2 training, the participant will be able to:
- Discuss the benefits and key components of a clinical curriculum
- Advance clinical teaching concepts learned in CCIP Level 1 as applied to the novice-mastery clinical practice continuum
- Integrate professionalism in a clinical curriculum that promotes the guiding principles to achieve the Vision for the Physical Therapy Profession and the core values
- Diagnose and foster a student’s clinical reasoning
- Outline a clinical curriculum to provide key learning experiences critical to patient and client management in the student's practice upon graduation and licensure
- Integrate interprofessional education and collaborative practice into a clinical curriculum
- Integrate advocacy into a clinical curriculum
This voluntary program is designed for physical therapists and physical therapist assistants who have supervised or overseen the supervision of at least one student in clinical practice, or have been actively involved in student learning and education since receiving the APTA CCIP Level 1 credential. Program participants must complete prerequisites including completion of a CCIP Level 2 Participant Dossier, a series of 3 online professionalism modules, and review of 4 articles, in addition to completing a live 2-day program with an Assessment component.
Successful completion of the course provides credentialed CIs with 1.7 CEUs and the APTA CCIP Level 2 credential. Clinicians from other health care professions who complete CCIP Level 2 are eligible to receive 1.3 CEUs, but would not be awarded the Level 2 CI Credential.
See full Schedule of CCIP Level 2 Courses
Email course contact to learn more and register | Registration Deadline: April 18, 2018