Title: Education Specialist
Department: Association Management Services
FLSA Status: Exempt
- Develop and implement the Section’s educational programming in alignment with strategic priorities and in conjunction with the committees involved with education delivery.
- Review member needs assessments to identify new programming opportunities. Using survey data and past program feedback, understand members’ knowledge needs and collaborate with volunteers, speakers, and subject matter experts to create content delivered through a variety of media.
- Annual Meetings:
- Manage Call for Proposals process for two annual events and work with Programming Chairs and Committees to select proposals.
- Develop and lead process for speaker management (up to 70 speakers for Annual Conference), including obtaining speaker agreements, managing presentation and handout deadlines, ensuring content is submitted accurately and is up to the standard of the PPS brand, AV requirements, oversight of honoraria and travel expense reimbursement, and other support activities.
- Apply for and secure continuing education approvals (CEUs) for programming.
- Prepare final materials for on-site program book, mobile app, course evaluations, and CEU certificates.
- Conduct post-event evaluation surveys and prepare results for presentation, analysis, and continuous improvement of future events and member experience.
- Develop a pipeline of subject matter experts on a variety of topics relevant to the membership.
- Develop and manage programming with guidance from Education Committee. Contact speakers, manage CEU applications, and run live webinars as administrator.
- Set up programs in online learning platform and manage archive of online offerings including maintaining CEU applications, building courses online, and working with Education Committee to ensure archived content remains current.
- Identify ways to repurpose programming content through additional channels, such as on our website, in the Section’s magazine, and through other communication vehicles such as podcasts and social media.
- Activate and track engagement metrics to understand how members access and evaluate Section education and develop or amend education plans accordingly.
- Interact with members and customers regarding courses, programs, and educational products.
- Work with the PPS Executive Director to determine and achieve revenue goals for education programming and products.
- Work with PPS Communication Specialist to identify audiences and determine effective marketing strategies to promote education opportunities, including web, social media channels, Impact magazine, e-newsletters, other online communications, and traditional print materials.
- Serve as staff liaison to education and program development committees. In coordination with committee Chairs, coordinate, schedule, and develop agendas for meetings, complete minutes, and provide facilitation, direction, and clarification during meetings if needed.
- Establish short- and long-term committee goals that support the PPS Strategic Plan and include timelines for the development and implementation of strategic programs, projects, and activities. Act as project manager for committee activities.
- Stay current on trends and best practices in the field of education design to ensure PPS’s approach is always fresh and innovative.
- Other duties as required by business needs.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) are mandatory.
- Knowledge of contemporary practices in adult learning and educational curriculum development.
- Experience managing continuing education credits preferred.
- Experience working with volunteers and subject matter experts.
- Demonstrated project management and oversight abilities. Proven ability to simultaneously manage several complex projects required.
- Is organized, pays attention to details, and provides good follow-up.
- Is computer savvy and willing to embrace and use technology. Basic understanding of HTML or willingness to learn.
- Previous experience with an LMS or E-Learning system preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills, service-oriented, and relates well to people at all levels of membership. Should be a team player with consensus-building skills.
- Ability to work independently and in team environment.
- Ability to travel 3-4 times per year for on-site support activities during educational conferences and for conference planning.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 4-7 years of program development and/or education design experience, preferably in an association environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.