Title: State Affairs Specialist
Department: Government Affairs
FLSA Status: Exempt
- Advocates for effective policies in conjunction with state chapters, sections, strategic organization, and contract lobbyists that allow PTs to practice to full extent of licensure, education, scope of practice, and clinical experience.
- Identifies and analyzes state legislation, laws, and regulations affecting physical therapy.
- Generates reports of pending legislation and distributes to state chapters, and provides alerts to chapters about specific bills.
- Responds to member inquiries related to licensure, state legislation, and policy issues.
- Researches member questions related to state laws, regulations, and policies and directs members to appropriate information and resources, including state practice acts and physical therapy board regulations.
- Assists chapters in lobbying efforts directed at branches of state governments.
- Compliance with issue management, archive and record keeping of statements, positions, policies and communications related to state legislation, regulation, advocacy, grassroots and political affairs.
- 4+ years' experience with state legislative or regulatory issues or activities
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent related experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong computer/database experience required
- Excellent public speaking ability
- Strong professional writing skills
- Ability to be mobile
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: email@example.com.