Publisher takes no responsibility for reproduction if these requirements are not met.
PT in Motion and Physical Therapy (PTJ) Publication Specifications:
Publication Trim Size: 8.25" x 10.875"
Binding Method: Perfect
Printing Process: Web offset (Ad materials must adhere to GRACoL or SWOP standard.)
Color: 4/color process only (Convert spot colors in CMYK.)
Digital Ad Specifications:
Provide PDF files created to PDF/X-1a:2001 settings. All fonts must be embedded in PDF.
- For partial or nonbleeding ads, build design document to ad size
- For full-page ads that bleed, build design document to trim size (8 1/4 x 10 7/8" ) and extend the bleed at least 1/8" beyond trim size (include printers trim and bleed marks when outputting the file)
- No marks should be included in the bleed area
- Text and design elements not meant to bleed should have a safety of 1/4" from the trim to ensure they are not cut off
- All color must be converted to Process CMYK with spot designation removed
- Transparency layers must be flattened using high resolution setting or rasterized prior to creation of PDF and file submission
- Image resolution for continuous-tone-type images should be 300 dpi
Publisher is not responsible for transparencies that are not properly flattened.
Hard copy color proof is required. Publisher accepts no responsibility for reproduction if color proof is not supplied.
We do not accept application files like Adobe InDesign or QuarkXPress. Save files to PDF from these applications to PDF/X-1a:2001 settings.
To ensure color fidelity, color ads must be accompanied by SWOP® certified proof. Proofs should include a full-color control bar, such as GATF. Publisher cannot be responsible for variances in color if a SWOP proof is not provided.
All inserts must be bound or tipped in. Freestanding inserts are not accepted. All inserts are priced individually. No price is firm until a sample is approved by APTA.
- Publisher is not responsible for loss of, or damage to materials.
- Materials are held for one year, and then destroyed, unless publisher is instructed otherwise in writing.
- If not advised at space closing of a coupon ad, publisher will not guarantee placement.
- To avoid a $25 delivery charge, send all artwork to: Julie Hilgenberg, APTA, 1111 North Fairfax St., Alexandria, VA 22314-1488
Additional 2% discount applies if payment is received within 10 days of invoice date. Billing to the advertising agency is based on acceptance by the advertiser of "dual responsibility" for payment if the agency does not remit within 90 days. Prepayment is required for all first-time advertisers and may be required if subsequent invoices are not paid in a timely manner. Publisher reserves the right to short-rate advertisers if frequency agreement is not fulfilled.
Not accepted after closing date. All cancellations prior to space closing date must be made in writing and acknowledged by APTA.
Discount for Press-Optimized PDF electronic files is 15% of gross. If materials are not submitted in the preferred format, advertiser forfeits 15% discount.
Publisher's Protective Clause:
Advertisers and their agencies assume full liability for all content of advertisements printed and responsibility for any claims arising therefrom against the publisher. The publisher is not liable for errors in Reader Service numbers, Ad Index, or Buyer's Guide listings. All advertisements must be clearly identified with a trademark and/or signature of the advertisement. The word "Advertisement" shall be printed prominently on advertisements that, in the opinion of the publisher, might be confused with editorial pages. Publisher reserves the right to reject any advertisement not considered suitable for publication. Publisher will not advertise any product, apparatus, instrument, device, or pharmaceutical product that is the subject of litigation pending before the FDA. Advertising will be accepted in cases of pending compliance or noncompliance with the FDA requirements if the advertiser includes a disclaimer in the copy stating: "FDA approval pending." Errors in advertising must be noted immediately. Publisher will not offer credit if ad repeats incorrectly. The publisher will not be bound by any conditions, printed or otherwise, appearing on any insertion order or contract, when they conflict with the terms and conditions of this rate card.
Further guidelines are published in the APTA Board of Directors policy titled Advertising (BOD 03-97-22-55).