Save Time and Ensure Your Membership Continues Automatically
When you renew or join APTA, pay by credit/debit card and request to have your membership automatically renew each year when submitting your application or renewal notice. We'll do the rest.
How It Works
Under the Auto Renew Plan, APTA will continue to charge your credit/debit card for your full dues (and voluntary contributions) from year to year until such time you notify APTA by telephone 800/999-2782, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 6:00 pm ET, or in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org or APTA, Attn: Member Services Department, 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, VA 22314 to cancel the automatic renewal.
- To sign up for Auto Renew, you must provide a valid credit or debit card (Visa, MasterCard, or American Express) and the card expiration date. APTA will automatically charge your annual membership fee to your credit card on the tenth business day of the month of your membership renewal date each year and will send a receipt to you once the card is charged.
- You may cancel this arrangement at any time with a letter or phone call to APTA. However, all Auto Renew enrollment requests must be made by the 5th business day of the month of your membership renewal date. Requests made after the 5th business day of the month of your membership renewal data may not be honored for that renewal period but will be honored for all future renewals.
- Instead of an annual renewal notice, APTA will send you a reminder notice at least 30 days before your annual membership dues are charged to your credit/debit card.
- The reminder notice will provide details about pending dues and voluntary contribution charges and how to contact APTA with any updates to the membership options, payment method, card number, expiration date, and details on how to contact APTA to discontinue the automatic charges to your credit/debit card. If you do not so notify APTA, your membership will automatically renew and your credit/debit card will be charged. Your membership will continue from year to year unless canceled by either party.
- APTA will notify you if your credit/debit card has expired or if any difficulties are experienced during processing. If we are unable to complete your renewal or if your card is declined you will be notified and a standard dues invoice will be mailed to you.
- You must notify APTA of any email or address change because the reminder notice will be sent to the last email or street address that you provided.
Still Have Questions?
Frequently Asked Questions about Auto Renew