February 5, 2018: APTA convened a panel discussion featuring 7 perspectives on the opioid epidemic and the debut of APTA's new #ChoosePT public service announcement.
Watch the panel below. Go to MoveForwardPT.com/ChoosePT to learn how physical therapists help patients manage pain and to access resources like the downloadable pain profile that helps patients have important treatment conversations with their health care providers.
- Grant Baldwin, PhD, MPH, director of the division of unintentional injury prevention for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Bill Hanlon, PT, DPT, board-certified clinical specialist in orthopaedic physical therapy, staff physical therapist working in addiction recovery at St Joseph Institute in Port Matilda, PA
- Joan Maxwell, patient and family advisor for John Muir Health, and patient-member of Patient & Family Centered Care Partners, Inc.
- Tiffany L. McCaslin, senior policy analyst, public policy, for National Business Group on Health
- Donald Norcross (D-NJ), US congressman, vice chair of the Bipartisan Task Force to Combat the Heroin Epidemic
- Steven Stanos, DO, medical director, Swedish Pain Services; medical director, occupational medicine services, Swedish Medical Center; and president of the American Academy of Pain Medicine
- Sarah Wenger, PT, DPT, board-certified clinical specialist in orthopaedic physical therapy, associate clinical professor at Drexel University's College of Nursing and Health Professions