This comprehensive resource provides students, graduates/new hires, PTs, and PTAs with questions and resources to assess practice or work opportunities and professional development. Questions are organized into four areas: financial considerations, professional development considerations, ethical and legal considerations, and quality of care considerations.
Use these questions in preparation for an interview and when seeking a position.
Primary questions addressed include:
- How is the facility/practice managed?
- What opportunities are associated with practice equity and ownership?
- What are the compensation and benefit incentives?
Professional Development Considerations
- Is professional development valued?
- Is there a process for mentorship?
- Are there opportunities to expand physical therapy programs and services?
Ethical and Legal Considerations
- What business practices are used by the facility/practice?
- Do PTs have control over all clinical decisions related to physical therapy?
- How are PTAs, aides, and other support staff utilized in this facility/practice?
Quality of Care Considerations
- What are the PT's/PTA's responsibilities in the facility/practice?
- Do PTs and PTAs provide input into policy development and operational management of issues related to quality of care, continuity of care, and patient-staff ratios?
- How does the facility/practice recognize the value of PTs and PTAs on clinical care quality and patient outcomes?
Download the Resource