For the first time, select sessions from APTA's annual June conference are available on-demand for virtual attendance, with related CEUs!
APTA Virtual Conference has been a huge hit with attendees, who can watch speaker and presentation video of APTA Conference's 2 signature lectures, in addition to accessing speaker audio and presentation slides of 5 additional sessions.
Registrants have praised both Virtual Conference's content ("fantastic") and its ease-of-access ("I just had a baby and was unable to physically attend, so this was a great alternative").
Now it's your turn to experience Virtual Conference!
What You Get
Virtual Conference registrants receive indefinite access to the following via the APTA Learning Center:
Delivering the 18th John H.P. Maley Lecture, Kornelia Kulig, PT, PhD, FAPTA, FAAOMPT, asks: "Are we indeed ready to embrace physical therapy residencies as an expected path in physical therapists training? If we say 'yes,' we need to vigorously, yet thoughtfully, pursue the development of a suitable infrastructure capable of providing physical therapy training for more than 8,000 therapists per year."
You can watch Kulig discuss the central themes of her lecture in this video, but you can only view the full presentation by registering for Virtual Conference!
The 44th Mary McMillan Lecture by Roger M. Nelson, PT, PhD, FAPTA, focuses on 3 questions:
- What changes are occurring or are expected to occur over the next decade in the health care environment?
- How can physical therapists and the physical therapy profession adapt to this new health care environment?
- What changes must be made in our educational system and our professional association in preparation for the next evolution in the physical therapy profession?
You can watch Nelson discuss the central themes of his lecture in this video, but you can only view the full presentation by registering for Virtual Conference!
5 Additional Sessions
On-Demand registrants can view the following sessions with speaker audio and presentation slides (no speaker video provided):
- Managing Neck Pain: Prognosis, Treatment, and Outcomes Using a Classification System
- Alzheimer Disease and Balance Training: The Tipping Point
- Musculoskeletal Tissue Healing: Updates and Critical Clinical Decision Making
- Innovations in Practice: Collaborative Care Models
- Safe Return to Sports and Prevention of Re-injury for Young Athletes
Earn 1.2 CEUs (12 contact hours/CCUs)! (Note: APTA only awards continuing education one time for a professional development activity. 2013 APTA Conference and Exposition participants who choose to attend the APTA Conference and Exposition as well as participate in the APTA Virtual Conference may not claim CEUs for both events because the content between these two educational offerings overlaps. Registrants for the APTA Conference & Exposition have the opportunity to earn up to 2.0 CEUs. Registrants for the Virtual Conference only may earn up to 1.2 CEUs. Claiming CEUs or submitting a transcript for both learning activities will not be verified by APTA in case of an audit by the state licensing board. State licensing boards are responsible for occasionally auditing licensees and their continuing education activities.)
Rates & Registration
Register and learn more via APTA's Learning Center.
On-Demand Rates: $199 Members | $250 Nonmembers