Dates: Thursday, December 5, 2019 (1:00 pm-2:00 pm)
Course Type: Live Webinar
Presenter(s): Karin Grävare Silbernagel, PT, ATC, PhD
Price: FREE for APTA Members (fee with CEU application)
CEUs: 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit
Description: At the conclusion of this collaborative webinar with the APTA, participants should be able:
- Recognize the sonographic signature of healthy and injured Achilles tendon (both midportion and insertion);
- Evaluate and measure Achilles tendon structure and affiliated muscles;
- Explain how ultrasound imaging can help in treatment planning and progression;
- Understand how ultrasound imaging can help with differential diagnosis in patients with Achilles injury; and
- Recognize how shear wave elastography ultrasound imaging is used in tendon injury.
The American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide CME activities for physicians.
The AIUM designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.