Course Type: Audio Course | The Source
Presenter(s): Gayle R. Lee, JD; Steve Levine, PT, DPT, MSHA
Price: $99 Member & Members' Office Managers (must be registered by APTA member) | $169 Nonmember (subject to change)
CEU: .2 CEUs (2 contact hours)
Description: New Medicare payment policies that will take effect in 2012 can have a significant impact on physical therapist practice and payment for outpatient therapy services. Find out the latest information on the new 2012 Medicare fee schedule payment rates, the therapy cap, the physician quality reporting system (PQRS), provider enrollment, Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) activities, and more.
Coding and payment policy expert Steve Levine, PT, DPT, MSHA, joins Gayle Lee, JD, director of APTA's federal payment policy and regulatory affairs, to provide critical information about Medicare's new rules affecting coverage and payment for physical therapy services in 2012. During a Q & A session following the overview, participants may ask questions directly to the experts.
Upon completion of the audio conference, you will be able to:
- Identify the new therapy cap amount for 2012.
- Determine the impact on your practice of CMS's changes to the physician fee schedule payment amounts.
- Comply with new provider enrollment rules.
- Decide whether to participate in the PQRS program.
- Cite the latest government activities regarding the therapy cap, audits, and other initiatives.
Purchase: View full course description at the APTA Learning Center.