To recognize students for their contribution to performing arts medicine and to assist in defraying the cost of attending the Combined Sections Meeting (CSM).
- You must be a member of the Performing Arts Special Interest Group (PASIG).
- You must be a student in an accredited physical therapy program when the research was conducted.
- Your abstract for a poster or platform presentation abstract has been submitted and accepted to CSM.
- You must attend CSM.
- You must be listed as an author on the presentation.
- You must participate in presenting the poster/platform.
- Deadline for submission of your abstract for consideration for the PASIG scholarship is November 15 of the year preceding the CSM for which the scholarship is being offered.
Applying for Scholarship
- Must submit proof of abstract acceptance (fax copy of acceptance letter from Ortho Section).
- Must submit an electronic version of your abstract.
- Questions and submissions can be directed toward the Scholarship Chairperson, Amy Humphrey, PT, DPT, OCS, MTC, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Criteria for selection
- The importance of the contribution of the abstract to the physical therapy management of performing arts physical therapy.
- The clinical implications derived or suggested from the abstract.
- The quality of the writing.
- The clarity of the clinical information/data presented.
The committee consists of:
- The PASIG Student Scholarship Committee Chairperson.
- The PASIG Research Committee Chairperson.
- The PASIG Education Committee Chairperson
Notification of the Award
The recipient of the award will be notified in December (of the year preceding the CSM for which the scholarship is being offered) by the PASIG Scholarship Chairperson.
Nature of the Award
- The PASIG BOD will determine the monetary amount of the reward annually based on the budget.
- A certificate will be presented to the student at the PASIG's business meeting during CSM of the year of presentation.
- This award is intended to defray the costs of attending CSM. Therefore, the monies awarded will be made available after submission of receipts verifying expenses incurred to attend CSM.
- Announcement of the scholarship recipient will be made in the PASIG section of Orthopaedic Physical Therapy Practice.