The degree of institutional support suggests a measure of commitment on behalf of the nominee. The institution is strongly encouraged to provide financial support to the ELI fellow-in-training, as it will directly benefit from the enhanced knowledge and skills of the individual. The total cost of participation the ELI is estimated to be $12,000. Please indicate what level of financial support the institution will provide the applicant, if accepted into the ELI Fellowship.
Program tuition for the fellow-in-training, supported by the academic institution, is $6,500 for the yearlong program. Program tuition includes the completion of a program orientation, 9 online modules delivered through the APTA Learning Center, three required on-site courses (includes meals), mentoring provided throughout the program, and networking conference calls. A total of 31 continuing education units (CEUs) are provided for the completion of the 9 online modules.Upon acceptance into the Education Leadership Institute Fellowship, a $2,500 deposit is required to confirm attendance in April. The balance of $4,000 is due by July 1.
Additional costs associated with this program include an RF-PTCAS application fee, travel and hotel accommodations for the three required onsite sessions (October, March, and July) situated throughout the United States. Other costs associated with the online learning modules relate to accessing or purchasing required reading texts.
- Approximately 9 administrative-leave days for 3 ELI onsite sessions.
- Travel to attend 3 (2-day) onsite sessions estimated to total ~$4000 for year.
- Required texts estimated to total $1500 for year.
- Complete a 2-hour virtual orientation in July 2018 (date TBD).
- Engage in self-directed learning of 9 online modules in the APTA
Learning Center during the fellowship year for approximately 404
- Complete required ELI readings, activities, forms, and mentorship hour log.
- Actively participate in the virtual office hours with module faculty using a personal webcam.
- Participate in monthly calls with your small mentorship group, comprised of 2 mentors and up to 6 fellows-in-training.
- Actively engage in 3 (2-day) face-to-face sessions in a 13-month
period integrating content applied from each of the 9 modules. Required
onsite sessions are as follows:
- Session 1: 2 days in October 10-11, 2018 with travel day on October 9 in Jacksonville, FL (tentative)
- Session 2: 2 days in March 7-8, 2019 with travel day on March 6 (tentative)
- Session 3: 2 days in July 10-11, 2019 with travel day on July 10 (tentative)
- Develop a leadership project that responds to a need in the participant's institution.
- Develop a dynamic leadership reflections worksheet to enhance your knowledge, abilities, and skills.
- Complete all course, participant, and program assessments and evaluations.
- Arrange for regular, ongoing meetings with your institutional supervisor throughout ELI.