Nominees must be physical therapists who are physical therapist or physical therapist life members of the association.
Criteria for Selection
Contributions should be of exceptional value to the association:
- May be in the realm of any area(s) of concern to the association as a whole, or to the association's components
- May be those made through an individual's service on one or more elected or appointed groups, or in one or more elected or appointed positions, and/or in one or more other capacities at the association level and component level
- Will be judged on the basis of the results of an individual's service, and not merely the duration or continuity of that service
What Recipients Receive
A framed certificate and the Lucy Blair Service Award lapel pin will be presented to the recipient(s) by APTA's Board of Directors at NEXT (formerly APTA Annual Conference) and an official announcement will appear in an association publication.
During the online process, the following documents will be required for upload:
- Current curriculum vitae or resume of the nominee
- A letter of nomination (from the nominator) that specifically focuses on the strengths of the nominee in relation to the award criteria, not to exceed 3 pages
- 4 letters of support, not to exceed 2 pages each, obtained from individuals who can specifically address one or more of the criteria for selection
Submit a Nomination
The call for nominations will begin September 2014. Please check back for updates.
View past award recipients for this award (.pdf).