Nominations for this award are now closed.
About this Award
The Lucy Blair Service Award honors physical therapist members or physical therapist life members whose contributions to APTA are of exceptional quality. Qualifying contributions can pertain to association components, through work on appointed or elected positions and/or in other capacities at the association and component levels.
Nominees must be physical therapists who are physical therapist or physical therapist life members of the association.
Criteria for Selection
Contributions and service should be of exceptional value to the association:
- May be in the realm of any area(s) of concern to the association as a whole, to the association's components or elements relative to the national association.
- May be those made through an individual's service on 1 or more elected or appointed groups, or in 1 or more elected or appointed positions, and/or in 1 or more other capacities at the national and component levels of the association.
- A nominee's service will be judged based on the results of that individual's service and not merely the duration or continuity of that service.
What Recipients Receive
A framed certificate and the Lucy Blair Service Award lapel pin will be presented to the recipient(s) by APTA's Board of Directors at the NEXT Conference and Exposition and an official announcement will appear in an association publication.
During the online process, the following documents will be required for upload:
- Current curriculum vitae or resume of the nominee
- A letter of nomination that specifically focuses on the strengths of the nominee in relation to the award criteria, not to exceed 3 pages
- 4 letters of support obtained from individuals who can specifically address one or more of the criteria for selection, not to exceed 2 pages each
Submit a Nomination
Nominations for 2019 will open in September 2018. All materials completed and submitted for each nomination must be received by the APTA Honors and Awards Program on or before December 1, 2018, to be considered for the 2019 Honors and Awards Program. Please note that the nominator is responsible for reviewing and ensuring the proper completion of all steps within the online nomination submission process before final submission.
For questions regarding the nomination process or the award, please contact Alissa Patanarut at 800/999-2782, ext 3154.
View past award recipients for this award (.pdf).