Nominees must have:
- Engaged in extensive clinical practice for at least 15 years;
- positively and substantially affected the shape, scope, and quality of physical therapy practice;
- had an impact on other physical therapists in a manner that has significantly increased their abilities to practice physical therapy;
- contributed to the overall and widespread development of physical therapy as a caring profession; and
- demonstrated contributions to the association.
Criteria for Selection:
- Duration of clinical practice
- Effect on shape, scope, and quality of physical therapy practice
- Effect on other physical therapists' ability to practice
- Effect on the development of physical therapy as a caring profession
- Quality and quantity of contributions to the association
What Recipients Receive
A plaque will be presented to the recipient and a $500 contribution in honor of the recipient will be sent to a charitable or educational institution or an established scientific or literary project selected by the recipient. The award will be presented by APTA's Board of Directors at NEXT (formerly APTA Annual Conference) and an official announcement will appear in an association publication
The nominator is responsible for reviewing and ensuring the completion of all steps within the online nomination submission process before its final submission. During the online process, the following documents will be required for upload:
- Current curriculum vitae or resume of the nominee
- A letter of nomination (from the nominator) that specifically focuses on the strengths of the nominee in relation to the award criteria, not to exceed 3 pages
- 2 letters of support, not to exceed 2 pages each, obtained from individuals upon whom the nominee has had an impact, which specifically address one or more of the criteria for selection
Submit a Nomination
The call for nominations will begin September 2014. Please check back for updates.
View past award recipients for this award (.pdf).