Nominations are now being accepted for this award.
Nomination Deadline: December 1, 2015
Nominees must have:
- Engaged in extensive clinical practice for at least 15 years;
- positively and substantially affected the shape, scope, and quality of physical therapy practice;
- had an impact on other physical therapists in a manner that has significantly increased their abilities to practice physical therapy;
- contributed to the overall and widespread development of physical therapy as a caring profession; and
- demonstrated contributions to the association.
Criteria for Selection:
- Duration of clinical practice
- Effect on shape, scope, and quality of physical therapy practice
- Effect on other physical therapists' ability to practice
- Effect on the development of physical therapy as a caring profession
- Quality and quantity of contributions to the association
What Recipients Receive
A plaque will be presented to the recipient and a $500 contribution in honor of the recipient will be sent to a charitable or educational institution or an established scientific or literary project selected by the recipient. The award will be presented by APTA's Board of Directors at the NEXT Conference and Exposition and an official announcement will appear in an association publication.
The nominator is responsible for reviewing and ensuring the completion of all steps within the online nomination submission process before its final submission. During the online process, the following documents will be required for upload:
- Current curriculum vitae or resume of the nominee
- A letter of nomination that specifically focuses on the strengths of the nominee in relation to the award criteria, not to exceed 3 pages
- 2 letters of support obtained from individuals upon whom the nominee has had an impact, which specifically address one or more of the criteria for selection, not to exceed 2 pages each
Submit a Nomination
Nominations must be submitted electronically. All materials completed
and submitted for each nomination must be received by the APTA Honors
and Awards Program on or before December 1, 2015, to be considered for
2016 Honors and Awards Program. Please note that the nominator is
responsible for reviewing and ensuring the proper completion of all
steps within the online nomination submission process before final
View past award recipients for this award (.pdf).