A nominee must have:
- Been engaged in providing clinical services for at least 5 years under the direction and supervision of a physical therapist;
- been licensed or regulated if required by the jurisdiction where the individual is working; and
- experience working in more than 1 practice or educational setting.
Criteria for Selection
Outstanding achievements in delivery of patient/client care, service to her/his community, and a commitment to the physical therapy profession and the association have been demonstrated by:
- Contributions to the former Affiliate or National Assemblies, PTA Advisory Panel, PTA Caucus, and the American Physical Therapy Association, at the national, component, and/or district levels;
- Service to the community through activities that enhance quality of life and function;
- Representation and promotion of the role of the physical therapist assistant through education, practice, and/or research as a part of the PT/PTA team;
- Promotion of ethical standards and professional conduct among peers, students, and patients/clients;
- Pursuit of career development through continuing education (courses, workshops, in-services, etc); and
- Service as a role model and inspiration to patients/clients, peers, and students to perform and strive to achieve their optimal potential.
What Recipients Receive
An award will be presented to the recipient by APTA's Board of Directors at NEXT (formerly APTA Annual Conference) and an official announcement will appear in an association publication.
During the online process, the following documents will be required for upload:
- Current curriculum vitae or resume of the nominee
- A letter of nomination (from the nominator) that specifically focuses on the strengths of the nominee in relation to the award criteria, not to exceed 3 pages
- 2 letters of support, not to exceed 2 pages each, obtained from individuals who can specifically address one or more of the criteria for selection
Submit a Nomination
The call for nominations will begin September 2014. Please check back for updates.
View past award recipients for this award (.pdf).