A nominee must have:
- Been engaged in providing clinical services for at least 5 years under the direction and supervision of a physical therapist;
- been licensed or regulated if required by the jurisdiction where the individual is working; and
- experience working in more than 1 practice or educational setting.
Criteria for Selection
Outstanding achievements in delivery of patient/client care, service to her/his community, and a commitment to the physical therapy profession and the association have been demonstrated by:
- Contributions to the former Affiliate or National Assemblies, PTA Advisory Panel, PTA Caucus, and the American Physical Therapy Association, at the national, component, and/or district levels;
- Service to the community through activities that enhance quality of life and function;
- Representation and promotion of the role of the physical therapist assistant through education, practice, and/or research as a part of the PT/PTA team;
- Promotion of ethical standards and professional conduct among peers, students, and patients/clients;
- Pursuit of career development through continuing education (courses, workshops, in-services, etc); and
- Service as a role model and inspiration to patients/clients, peers, and students to perform and strive to achieve their optimal potential.
What Recipients Receive
An award will be presented to the recipient by APTA's Board of Directors at the NEXT Conference and Exposition and an official announcement will appear in an association publication.
During the online process, the following documents will be required for upload:
- Current curriculum vitae or resume of the nominee
- A letter of nomination that specifically focuses on the strengths of the nominee in relation to the award criteria, not to exceed 3 pages
- 2 letters of support obtained from individuals who can specifically address one or more of the criteria for selection, not to exceed 2 pages each
Submit a Nomination
The nominations process for the 2016 Honors and Awards program is now closed. Nominations must be submitted electronically. All materials completed and submitted for each nomination must have been received by the APTA Honors and Awards Program on or before December 1, 2015, to be considered for 2016 Honors and Awards Program. Please note that the nominator is responsible for reviewing and ensuring the proper completion of all steps within the online nomination submission process before final submission. Nominations for 2017 will open September 2016.
View past award recipients for this award (.pdf).