About the Award
The F.A. Davis Award for Outstanding Physical Therapist Assistant Educator recognizes physical therapist assistant student educators who have demonstrated and exhibited a noteworthy level of commitment to physical therapy education, physical therapist assistant students, and in advancing, promoting, and upholding standards of academic excellence.
- All nominees for the award must teach, or have taught, in an accredited physical therapist assistant education program from which students earn an academic degree, or in a developing physical therapist assistant education program that has established a formal liaison with the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
- All nominees must exhibit a strong commitment to physical therapist assistant education and to her/his students.
- All nominees must demonstrate her/his commitment to the advancement of physical therapy education through participation in activities occurring at the state and national level.
- All nominees must participate (or have participated) in activities that serve to advance, promote, and define physical therapist assistant education.
- All nominees must demonstrate her/his commitment to service and to the profession.
What Recipients Receive
A plaque and monetary award of $1,500 will be presented to the recipient by a representative of F.A. Davis or APTA's Board of Directors at the NEXT Conference and Exposition and an official announcement will appear in an association publication.
During the online process, the following documents will be required for upload:
- Current curriculum vitae or resume of the nominee
- A letter of nomination that specifically focuses on the strengths of the nominee in relation to the award criteria, not to exceed 3 pages
- 2 letters of support obtained from the following: a faculty member from the nominee’s institution and a current or former student, not to exceed 2 pages each
Submit a Nomination
Nominations for 2020 will open in September 2019. All materials completed and submitted for each nomination must be received by the APTA Honors and Awards Program on or before December 1, 2019, to be considered for the 2020 Honors and Awards Program. Please note that the nominator is responsible for reviewing and ensuring the proper completion of all steps within the online nomination submission process before final submission.
For questions regarding the nomination process or the award, please contact Alissa Patanarut at 800/999-2782, ext 3154.
View past award recipients for this award (.pdf).