- All nominees for the award must teach, or have taught, in an accredited physical therapist assistant education program from which students earn an academic degree, or in a developing physical therapist assistant education program that has established a formal liaison with the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
- All nominees must exhibit a strong commitment to physical therapist assistant education and to her/his students.
- All nominees must demonstrate her/his commitment to the advancement of physical therapy education through participation in activities occurring at the state and national level.
- All nominees must participate (or have participated) in activities that serve to advance, promote, and define physical therapist assistant education.
- All nominees, through her/his efforts, must reflect (or have reflected) substantial commitment to physical therapist assistant education, the physical therapy profession, and to the American Physical Therapy Association.
What Recipients Receive
An award and monetary award of $1,500 will be presented to the recipient by a representative of F.A. Davis or APTA's Board of Directors at NEXT (formerly APTA Annual Conference) and an official announcement will appear in an association publication.
During the online process, the following documents will be required for upload:
- Current curriculum vitae or resume of the nominee
- A letter of nomination (from the nominator) that specifically focuses on the strengths of the nominee in relation to the award criteria, not to exceed 3 pages
- 2 letters of support, not to exceed 2 pages each, obtained from the following: a faculty member from the nominee’s institution and a current or former student
- A summary of student course evaluations may be submitted, if permitted by the institution
Submit a Nomination
The call for nominations will begin September 2014. Please check back for updates.
View past award recipients for this award (.pdf).