- All nominees for the award must teach, or have taught, in an accredited physical therapist assistant education program from which students earn an academic degree, or in a developing physical therapist assistant education program that has established a formal liaison with the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
- All nominees must exhibit a strong commitment to physical therapist assistant education and to her/his students.
- All nominees must demonstrate her/his commitment to the advancement of physical therapy education through participation in activities occurring at the state and national level.
- All nominees must participate (or have participated) in activities that serve to advance, promote, and define physical therapist assistant education.
- All nominees must demonstrate her/his commitment to service and to the profession.
What Recipients Receive
A plaque and monetary award of $1,500 will be presented to the recipient by a representative of F.A. Davis or APTA's Board of Directors at the NEXT Conference and Exposition and an official announcement will appear in an association publication.
During the online process, the following documents will be required for upload:
- Current curriculum vitae or resume of the nominee
- A letter of nomination that specifically focuses on the strengths of the nominee in relation to the award criteria, not to exceed 3 pages
- 2 letters of support obtained from the following: a faculty member from the nominee’s institution and a current or former student, not to exceed 2 pages each
Submit a Nomination
Nominations must be submitted electronically. All materials completed
and submitted for each nomination must be received by the APTA Honors
and Awards Program on or before December 1, 2015, to be considered for
2016 Honors and Awards Program. Please note that the nominator is
responsible for reviewing and ensuring the proper completion of all
steps within the online nomination submission process before final
submission. Nominations for 2016 will open September 2015.
View past award recipients for this award (.pdf).