The Public Service Award, established in 1991 by APTA's Board of Directors, annually recognizes individuals who have demonstrated distinctive support for the physical therapy profession at a national level.
Individuals from the following categories are eligible for nomination:
- members of Congress and congressional staff,
- members of a state legislature,
- federal agency officials,
- health and legislative association staff, and
- celebrities and public figures.
- the nomination form (.pdf),
- a letter of nomination, and
- other supporting documentation, such as letters of support, detailing why the nominee should receive the award.
The nomination documents should be emailed or faxed (703/706-8536) to APTA's member services department by Monday, January 4, 2016.
What Recipients Receive
The award will be presented during the 2016 Federal Advocacy Forum, April 3-5, in Washington, DC, with expenses paid by APTA. The award will be presented during the event. The recipient
also will receive recognition on APTA's website, as well as in PT in Motion and PT in Motion: News Now.
If you have any questions about the nomination process or the award, contact Stephanie Sadowski at 800/999-2782, ext. 3127.