About this Award
The Jules M. Rothstein Golden Pen Award for Scientific Writing recognizes published authors in Physical Therapy (PTJ) journal whose writing excellence is demonstrated in a unique contribution or a series of profound articles that have broadened perspectives within a content area. Qualifying authors do not need to be physical therapists, and must demonstrate committed leadership in encouraging collaboration and contributions to improve PTJ.
Nominees for this award do not need to be physical therapists.
Nominees must have demonstrated superior writing skills in 1 or more articles published in Physical Therapy (PTJ). The writing excellence may be reflected in one particularly unique, classical contribution or in a series of articles designed to develop further knowledge within a content area or conceptualization.
Nominees must have collaborated with or encouraged others to make similar contributions or contributed outstanding leadership and effort in initiating activities to improve PTJ.
Criteria for Selection
- Superior writing skills as demonstrated by style and clarity of presentation and creativity or timeliness of content
- Collaboration with and encouragement of others to improve PTJ
- A continuing record of scholarly contributions to PTJ
What Recipients Receive
An award will be presented to the recipient by APTA's Board of Directors at the NEXT Conference and Exposition and an official announcement will appear in an association publication.
During the online process, the following documents will be required for upload:
- Current curriculum vitae or resume of the nominee
- A letter of nomination that specifically focuses on the strengths of the nominee in relation to the award criteria, not to exceed 3 pages
- 1 electronic copy of an article written by the nominee that has been published in Physical Therapy Journal and that best reflects the criteria for the award
Submit a Nomination
Nominations must be submitted electronically. All materials completed and submitted for each nomination must be received by the APTA Honors and Awards Program on or before December 1, 2019, to be considered for the 2020 Honors and Awards Program. Please note that the nominator is responsible for reviewing and ensuring the proper completion of all steps within the online nomination submission process before final submission.
For questions regarding the nomination process or the award, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
View past award recipients for this award (.pdf).