Nominees for this award do not need to be physical therapists.
Nominees must have demonstrated superior writing skills in 1 or more articles published in Physical Therapy. The writing excellence may be reflected in one particularly unique, classical contribution or in a series of articles designed to develop further knowledge within a content area or conceptualization.
Nominees must have collaborated with or encouraged others to make similar contributions or contributed outstanding leadership and effort in initiating activities to improve Physical Therapy.
Criteria for Selection
- Superior writing skills as demonstrated by style and clarity of presentation and creativity or timeliness of content
- Collaboration with and encouragement of others to improve Physical Therapy
- A continuing record of scholarly contributions to Physical Therapy
What Recipients Receive
An award will be presented to the recipient by APTA's Board of Directors at NEXT (formerly APTA Annual Conference) and an official announcement will appear in an association publication.
During the online process, the following documents will be required for upload:
- Current curriculum vitae or resume of the nominee
- A letter of nomination (from the nominator) that specifically focuses on the strengths of the nominee in relation to the award criteria, not to exceed 3 pages
- Electronic samples of materials that have been published in Physical Therapy
Submit a Nomination
The call for nominations will begin September 2014. Please check back for updates.
View past award recipients for this award (.pdf).