Nominees for this award do not need to be physical therapists.
Nominees must have demonstrated superior writing skills in 1 or more articles published in Physical Therapy (PTJ). The writing excellence may be reflected in one particularly unique, classical contribution or in a series of articles designed to develop further knowledge within a content area or conceptualization.
Nominees must have collaborated with or encouraged others to make similar contributions or contributed outstanding leadership and effort in initiating activities to improve PTJ.
Criteria for Selection
- Superior writing skills as demonstrated by style and clarity of presentation and creativity or timeliness of content
- Collaboration with and encouragement of others to improve PTJ
- A continuing record of scholarly contributions to PTJ
What Recipients Receive
An award will be presented to the recipient by APTA's Board of Directors at the NEXT Conference and Exposition and an official announcement will appear in an association publication.
During the online process, the following documents will be required for upload:
- Current curriculum vitae or resume of the nominee
- A letter of nomination that specifically focuses on the strengths of the nominee in relation to the award criteria, not to exceed 3 pages
- Electronic samples of materials that have been published in PTJ
Submit a Nomination
Nominations must be submitted electronically. All materials completed and submitted for each nomination must be received by the APTA Honors and Awards Program on or before December 1, 2014, to be considered for 2015 Honors and Awards Program. Please note that the nominator is responsible for reviewing and ensuring the proper completion of all steps within the online nomination submission process before final submission.
View past award recipients for this award (.pdf).