Member Innovators Announced for Innovation Summit 2013
Eighteen APTA members have been selected to share their innovative practice models with their colleagues during the upcoming Innovation Summit 2013: Collaborative Care Models. These members were nominated by their chapters or sections because of their involvement in innovative care delivery models. The nominations were reviewed and scored by a panel of APTA member experts.
The innovators will receive funding to attend the Summit where they will interact with policy makers, payers, physical therapists and other health professionals as they explore the role of physical therapists in new models of health care delivery and payment. They will share information about their work with both onsite and virtual audiences.
Learn more about the participating innovators and their practice models (.pdf)
- Mark Amundson, PT, DSc, DPT, SCS (Private Practice Section)
- Michael Billings, PT, MS, CEEAA (Oregon Chapter)
- Andrea Branas, PT, MPT, MSE, CLT (Women's Health Section and Oncology Section)
- Allison Daly, PT, DPT (Louisiana Chapter)
- Michael Eisenhart , PT (New Jersey Chapter)
- Jay Irrgang, PT, PhD, APT, FAPTA (Orthopaedic Section)
- Rich Larsen, PT, OCS (Wisconsin Chapter)
- Mike Lebec, PT, PhD (Acute Care Section)
- Judy Lindsay, PT (Pediatric Section)
- Thomas Moriarity, PT, OCS (South Carolina Chapter)
- Kim Nixon-Cave, PT, PhD, PCS (Pennsylvania Chapter)
- Peter Rigby, PT (Washington Chapter)
- Jennifer Sidelinker, PT, GCS (Geriatric Section)
- Mary Stilphen, PT, DPT (Health Policy and Administration Section)
- Kristine Terrio, PT, MSHS (New Hampshire Chapter)
- Darin Trees, PT, DPT, CWS (Texas Chapter)
- Phil Tygiel, PT, MTC (Arizona Chapter)
- Chris Wilson, SPT (Ohio Chapter)
The Nomination Process
APTA sections and chapters were invited to nominate a member who is involved in an innovative model of care to attend and participate in APTA's Innovation Summit: Collaborative Care Models, March 7-8, 2013, in the Washington, DC, metro area. Because innovation is often most successful when it results from the efforts of an interdisciplinary team, we welcomed nominations of member innovators who have shown success as individuals or as members of teams.
A panel of member experts selected member innovators to share their practice models as a part of the summit—stay tuned for more information about your innovators who were selected to bring their ideas to this event!
The chapters or sections of chosen nominees will be mentioned at the summit and listed in the program as an acknowledgement of their nominee selection.
Highlighted chapters and sections also will be given the opportunity to coordinate with APTA staff to host their own viewing parties of the virtual summit for their members. APTA will help chapters and sections in advertising viewing parties by coordinating e-blasts, website promotion, and social media.