Call for Nominations
APTA sections and chapters have been inivited to nominate a member who is involved in an innovative model of care to attend and participate in APTA's Innovation Summit 2013: Collaborative Care Models, March 7-8, 2013, in the Washington, DC, metro area. A panel of member experts will select member innovators to share their innovative practice models as a part of the Summit.
Innovation is often most successful when it results from the efforts of an interdisciplinary team. We welcome nominations of member innovators who have shown success as individuals or as members of teams.
Nominations are closed. Chapters and sections may direct questions about the nomination process to email@example.com.
Innovation Summit 2013: Collaborative Care Models will bring together innovators and thought leaders from physical therapy, health policy, payment, and other health professions to explore the role of physical therapists in new models of health care delivery and payment. Participation in the summit will be available to all members through live web streaming. Attendance onsite will be limited to speakers, panelists, and invited attendees, including the member innovators selected through this nomination process.
The summit program will kick off with a reception and dinner on Thursday, March 7, featuring a highly regarded keynote speaker on health care innovation. The highlight of Friday's program will be 4 moderated panels on the role of physical therapy in the following collaborative models of care: (1) accountable care organizations; (2) patient-centered medical homes; (3) bundling initiatives; and (4) private pay, direct access and employer driven initiatives. Each panel of experts will be moderated by national leaders with expertise in collaborative care models. Additional keynote speakers will provide inspiration and ideas on the future of health care.
Submissions will be reviewed based upon the following criteria:
- Relevance of innovative model to the role of physical therapists in achieving the triple aims of health care: improving health of populations, improving health care outcomes, and reducing costs of care
- Potential for model to impact physical therapist practice
- Clarity of description
Eligibility for Nomination
The nominee must be an APTA member.
The nominee must be available to attend the summit the evening of March 7 and all day March 8.
The nominee's model may be an outcome of individual effort or as a part of an interdisciplinary team.
The nominee must provide a 1-page description of his/her innovative practice model(s) as a part of the nomination packet.
The innovative model should not advertise products or services. Nominees whose models include commercial partners should disclose and describe this relationship. (Exhibitor and sponsorship opportunities are available for individuals who wish to generate interest in their products or services.)
Each component may submit 1 nomination.
Nominations must be received by electronic submission by noon, Eastern time, Monday, October 22, 2012.
The following documents will be required:
- A completed nomination form from the component that focuses on the strengths of the nominee in relation to the selection criteria
- An abbreviated curriculum vitae of the nominee
- A list of team members and their roles if applicable (There is space for this information on the online submission form.)
- A 1-page description of the innovative model (prepared by the nominee and submitted as a PDF) the includes the following:
- Title of innovative model
- Description of model (50 words maximum)
- Purpose or aim or model (25 words maximum)
- Actions taken (50 words maximum)
- Outcomes and results including true measures of patient outcomes (50 words maximum)
- Lessons learned (50 words maximum)
- Next steps (50 words maximum)
- Creative use of pictures, graphs, color, titles, and text can enhance the submission and make it more appealing. The PDF submission will be made available to both the online and the onsite audiences and may be included in a post-summit publication.
Components will be notified if their nomination/member is selected by November 19. Selected members will receive free summit registration and supplemental funding to cover travel and hotel expenses.
Highlights of Components with Selected Nominees
APTA will highlight the chapters and sections that have their nominees selected to attend the summit.
Highlighted chapters and sections will be mentioned at the summit, as well as listed in the program as an acknowledgement for their nominee selection.
Highlighted chapters and sections also will be given the opportunity to coordinate with APTA staff to host their own viewing parties of the virtual summit for their members. APTA will aid chapters and sections in advertising viewing parties by coordinating e-blasts, website promotion and social media.