• Tuesday, February 28, 2012RSS Feed

Physical Therapist Named 'Best Job' in 2012

US News & World Report yesterday issued its list of "best jobs"—ranking physical therapist as the fourth best job in health care and the eighth best overall job in 2012. The annual list includes jobs that are "hiring in droves, paying well, and providing room to grow." APTA Deputy Executive Director Janet Bezner, PT, PhD, is quoted in the article about how students can use internship opportunities to "to pay attention to what they like or don't like" and determine the type of patients and the size and style of practice that will best suit them.

Comments

physiotherapist
    Posted by mohammed imtiyaz on 2/29/2012 10:58 AM
    wowww thats really good news, but physiotherapy value in india is very bad, we indian physio's needs help from APTA, WCPT for stabilising physiotherapy in India.
    Posted by Dr. Sandeep Kadlag on 3/1/2012 1:07 AM
    gud news tat physios are honoured so much in this world..this really encourages all physios to come forward and expose themselves.
    Posted by vidyalakshmi on 3/1/2012 4:40 AM
    yeah...i m very happy to know that PT ranked as a best job. I m doing my pre.s and wnat to go in PT. i want to be doctor of physiotherapy. Hope it's good paying job. Keep move on APTA.Our future is in your hand. Thank you.
    Posted by mansi on 3/1/2012 12:30 PM
    realy happy to know this. Thanx to APTA. As i want to be a doctor of physiotherapy,i am doing my pre.s right now and hope it's well paying profession. What say?? Move on APTA. Our future is in your hand.
    Posted by mansi on 3/1/2012 12:33 PM
    That is great news! I am glad that physical therapy is in the public eye, in a positive way.
    Posted by Julie Agbasi on 3/2/2012 4:52 PM
    As a clinic owner and private practitioner I can say I have the best job in the world. I really like what I do and enjoy helping people overcome their challenges. The job is a little different every day so I don't get burned out. Thank you APTA for all you do.
    Posted by Charles Hollier on 3/2/2012 4:58 PM
    We always have known this. It took US News 60 plu years to find this out and bring this to public attention. We are a "modest" profession. The proof in the outcome and there is plenty of evidence. Ask Mark G. in National office.
    Posted by Samuel B.Feitelberg on 3/2/2012 5:58 PM
    I have practiced for 48 years, the last 23 in private clinic. Great profession, no down time, very rewarding. Good to see our profession moving forward in the good old USA.
    Posted by Fred Wingate on 3/2/2012 6:28 PM
    It sounds really very great and motivating all PTs around the world..in usa it highly respected and recognized by APTA efforts & of course the dedication & devotion USA PTs towards the PT profession ,uplifting the spirit & soul of our profession in all aspects..Bravo! Congrats!
    Posted by samir on 3/4/2012 1:03 AM
    its good fr us..........
    Posted by gagandeep kaur grewal on 3/4/2012 11:41 AM
    I have been a practioner for over 25 years and continue to love what I do. I just wish we were truly compensated financially for all we do with our patients. It is nice that we are in demand but some how the equation for supply and demand in terms of increasing our salaries just doesn't compute!
    Posted by Anita King on 3/4/2012 7:25 PM
    I have been a physical therapist for 35 years-still loving it. Never a dull moment and I continue to be chalenged and learn something new all the time
    Posted by Rita on 3/5/2012 12:51 PM
    Where United States is looking forward for vision 2020----- That all BPT(Bachelors in Physiotherapy) or MPT ( Masters in Physiotherapy) must upgrade their qualification to DPT (Doctor in Physiotherapy).......we in India are struggling for our right place in Health sector..!!!!!! Anyways its nice to be acknowledge in the most advanced nations of the world........
    Posted by Harpreet on 3/6/2012 10:34 AM
    But dis is not within India,all Indian physiotherapist want a help to uplift d profsn here also
    Posted by Nitesh pandey on 3/6/2012 1:26 PM
    Wow its really feels great to hear such news...and raise the spirits of Physio's throughout the world . .. What happened with globalization post 1992 in India..similarly PT will evolve much better & stabilise itself in the coming years as the growing materialistic needs, the ever increasing life spans and greater understanding of the population to understand the need to keep their body mobile .... will eventually work wonders for PHYSIO's in the coming years ... Wait n Watch....
    Posted by Mohammad Miraj on 3/6/2012 10:31 PM
    As a physiotherapist for over 30 years and living in Toronto, Canada, I feel that my passion and my career are the same. So many choices, so many changes, Hospital, clinic, prof sports teams, teaching, and now home care. LIFE IS GOOD
    Posted by Audrey Kouyoumdjian on 3/8/2012 10:49 AM
    This is great news for all PTs, PTAs, and SPTs. :) Im glad I shifted to this profession.
    Posted by Lee on 3/8/2012 5:58 PM
    >>>APTA<<<<: Please screen the comments people place here. Many comments I've just read here dishonor the profession, filled with very poor grammar and focused on money. My patients would rightfully lose faith in the profession to read the comments on this article. And what would a medical doctor logically deduce from reading these comments? Furthermore, all of the people thinking about entering the profession or struggling in the profession in southern Asia, know this: many of your countrymen have shot you in the foot by cheating on the board exams here in the United States. So much so, that the FSBPT has made it more difficult to schedule taking the board exam, for everyone. This reflects on all of you from India and Pakistan even if you personally have lots of integrity. Likewise, comments by a few here can make us all look like illiterate money-grabbers. The APTA needs to screen these comments thoroughly or not allow them to be viewed at all unless you’re logged in as a member.
    Posted by Ehren Howard on 3/10/2012 2:39 PM
    APTA screens all comments to ensure they comply with the site's Terms & Conditions (http://www.apta.org/TermsConditions/). Beyond that, comments are not evaluated in terms of how well (or poorly) they reflect the physical therapy profession, at least in part because the comments at News Now are not limited to individuals within the association or the profession at large. Although APTA reserves the right to remove a comment for any reason, this is designed to be an open forum.
    Posted by News Now Staff on 3/10/2012 7:33 PM
    Im proud to be a Physical Therapist
    Posted by Al Janah on 3/13/2012 12:19 AM
    THAt's really great........Finally THE WORLD COMES TO KNOW ABOUT PHYSIOTHERAPISTS.
    Posted by Shikha on 3/15/2012 5:26 AM
    Its good news for us,but physio value in india is very bad, mainly in chennai,we need help from APTA.
    Posted by Rajarajan on 3/23/2012 8:42 AM
    its good to hear this, but in TN no one is ready to accept our R&R. Even doctors not recognise us. We need lots of changes to happen please help us by giving ideas.
    Posted by Ramananj on 4/2/2012 12:54 PM
    Its gud!
    Posted by Abdul basit on 9/29/2012 3:36 AM
    i m presently in my finals in my undergraduate program in nigeria.got into the profession bc i felt i cld help pple overcome health challenges just by the use of my hands,i m finding it intresting but a lot of thgs are quite discouraging like the discrimination btw physios n othr health professionals like GPs.then DPT...
    Posted by oluwaseun on 1/15/2013 3:23 AM
    Is PHYSIOTHERAPIST is a doctor? According to international views
    Posted by RAJA SEKHAR on 8/3/2013 12:42 PM
    I am a physiotherapist and it really feels great to be a part of the profession which is ranked 8th best profession in overall jobs. Thanks for sharing this great news.
    Posted by Get proper Physio Treatment at North West Physioth on 11/21/2013 5:07 AM
    Am a student of physiotherapy and am proud of it
    Posted by jide on 12/12/2013 5:12 PM
    TO SERVE HUMANITY IS TO SERVE GOD,EXCELL ENCE IS NOT ACT,I THINK IT IS A HABBIT.DEAR PHYSIOS WORK HARD WITH DEDICATION,GIVE YOUR BEST.MAY U ALL GET SUCCESS AT EVERY STEP OF LIFE,MAY U ALL SIT ON GOLDEN SEATS,SO THAT I CAN GET BIG BIG TREETS....I ASSURE U IN VERY NEAR FUTURE,RESPECT AND FAME IS URS TOO.... WORKING AS H.O.D, M.O.H, SAUDI ARABIA.
    Posted by suhail on 12/20/2013 6:44 AM