• Thursday, December 29, 2011RSS Feed

Deadline Approaches to Adopt Version 5010

Although the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has delayed enforcement of Version 5010 transaction standards used for electronic health care claims until March 31, 2012, the official deadline to adopt the standards is January 1, 2012.

To help providers prepare for implementation of Version 5010 and ICD 10 code sets, CMS recently released several new resources, including enforcement FAQs, Version 5010 and ICD-10 transition basics fact sheets, a Version 5010 readiness fact sheet, and a timeline widget. Sign up for industry e-mail updates and receive news and information about new resources to help ensure smooth transitions to Version 5010 and ICD-10.

Comments

APTA. Taking your money $100.00 at a time. Not Working For You. APTA ....a joke. APTA... learn to read and punctuate (proofread) before signing legislature. APTA: Is good at pushing bills/ law deadlines back, but NOT good at CHANGING legislation....a joke. If my employer didn't pay for my dues....i would not give APTA a red cent.
    Posted by PT on 12/29/2011 12:26 PM
    Easy to comment with some negativity about the APTA, but they are involved and sharing the information. You might want to ask your employer why he/she is willing to pay for your dues. 'In a perfect world I would always be right'.
    Posted by Erick Jackowsky, PT on 12/30/2011 4:33 AM
    I agree APTA is a poor representative association. We need something more on the lines of a union to stick up for us not accept the legislation like APTA. We need a stronger voice to lobby for us.
    Posted by Scott on 1/2/2012 11:55 AM
    Wow- I have voluntarily paid my own APTA dues 25 years and also am forced to pay union dues. I have been very satisfied with how well APTA moves our profession into the future, keeps me informed, and supports me with resources that improve my practice. Influencing legislation is complex and we are not the only interested party. I appreciate the APTA Goverment Affairs staff working with our legislators and partnering with other professions to represent us.
    Posted by Debi Craddock, PT on 1/3/2012 1:35 PM
    Regarding first poster: You are what is wrong with our profession. Get some professional backbone, and sign your name if you are going to take a shot at someone. Obviously, whoever your employer is, and is paying your dues (and salary) is getting ripped off. I know that I would like to know if one of my employees is taking money from me. Finally, my guess is that you have never given back to your 'profession', only taken from it.
    Posted by Stephen Rapposelli, PT on 1/3/2012 2:07 PM
    It if surprising to me how often people criticize without knowing the whole story! I don't know of an association who works harder for its members. Sadly those who chose to remain uninvolved will never know all that is being done on a daily basis in our behalf. Why would you think APTA "signs" legislation or "chooses language"? You are truly misinformed about the legislative process. APTA can only lobby in behalf of its members and make sure they have a seat at the table when issues regarding practice are being discussed. They have done a darn good job of that and if you aren't aware if it, you simply aren't paying attention.
    Posted by Kay Scanlon on 1/4/2012 8:57 AM
    I don't often take the time to comment, but I agree with others that have said to poster #1 to stop complaining and do something. It is possible he or she is very involved, but I am guessing that is not the case. If our profession had more involvement in our professional organization (we have one of the lowest membership rates of all the medical professions from what I hear), we might have the funds and the manpower to do more. I have little kids and a business, so I admit that I do not have time to do much, but I happily pay my dues to those who are fighting for us!
    Posted by Tina Neuwirth on 1/4/2012 4:42 PM