• Thursday, December 20, 2012RSS Feed

Physical Therapist Ranks Fifth in Best Health Care Jobs Report

Yesterday, US News & World Report released its annual Best Jobs report. For 2013, physical therapist ranks fifth among the best health care jobs and eighth among the top 100 jobs. Physical therapist assistant ranks ninth in the best health care jobs category.

Comments

Worth noting the PTA is ranked #9!
    Posted by Susan Cotterman, PT on 12/21/2012 12:58 PM
    Any clarification in number of PTs polled? What setting(s)? I would wager that outpatient and inpatient have the lower rating while Home Health and pediatrics push the rating higher.
    Posted by Skeptical on 12/21/2012 1:01 PM
    Working under good leadership, staying fit and keeping abreast in PT educational and training opportunities help me enjoy my job as a PT.
    Posted by Jose Arves Santos, PT on 12/21/2012 5:48 PM
    I'm with skeptical. If you consider hard work for a low pay ceiling job to pay back very high student loans, then I agree with the poll.
    Posted by Skeptical2 on 12/22/2012 12:45 AM
    I don't why your so cynical, skeptical. I did concrete work for ten years, I'm pretty sure that classifies as "hard" work. You have a great job and your only ceiling is your attitude. Pay your loans and be grateful.
    Posted by C.J. SPTA on 12/23/2012 10:02 PM
    I love my job as a PTA and I'm in an outpatient clinic. The pay is great! I have no complaints. The satisfaction I recieve from helping others and loving what I do far exceeds any pay...the pay is an added bonus. I paid my student loans off in less than two years by budgeting. I'm thinking Skeptical2 is in the wrong field.
    Posted by TM PTA on 12/25/2012 7:48 PM
    Massive government regulation has made home care incredibly difficult for the Physical Therapist as we have now become slaves to an overwhelming paperwork system. I would agree that salaries in most other areas of PT are low in proportion to educational loans. I think job satisfaction ultimately comes down to the lifestyle that you are comfortable living. Nobody ever said you would be rich if you became a Physical Therapist.
    Posted by SM PT on 12/26/2012 10:59 AM
    I'm not sure PTA's have a complete understanding to comment. I'm a PT x 4 years. Some aspects are great (i.e. clinical, helping the patient) and some are not (i.e. dealing with PTA's who think they rival PT's in various aspects within healthcare and PT realm).
    Posted by BMF on 12/29/2012 4:35 PM
    I'm a year and a half into my first job (as a PT) at a private practice ortho clinic in Augusta, GA. I understand where "Skeptical" is coming from. It's depressing to see that my salary is less than the 10th percentile. However it is encouraging to know that when I'm ready I can easily increase my earnings by changing jobs.
    Posted by RAD on 12/31/2012 8:41 AM
    That's good news for physical therapy field. The scope of this field is increasing day by day.
    Posted by Advanced Medical on 4/1/2013 3:12 PM