• Friday, November 15, 2013RSS Feed

NIH Funded Post-Acute Care Study Needs PTs

A National Institutes of Health (NIH)-funded study is looking for physical therapists (PTs) with expertise with older adults in a post-acute care setting. Participation in the research, being conducted by the University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, will be compensated.

Selected PTs would join a team of physicians, nurses, and social workers to review case summaries on an interactive website to determine post-acute care referrals. In order to qualify, PTs must have at least 5 years of recent experience caring for adults or conducting research in discharge planning, acute or transitional care, geriatrics, rehabilitation, hospice, long term care, or home care. Participants must also have an understanding of the transitional care needs of patients discharged from acute care to other levels of care.

PTs from all parts of the country are needed. More information on the research, set to begin in winter of 2014, can be obtained by contacting the program by December 13, 2013.

Comments

I have am a GCS PT and work in a hospital based OP setting
    Posted by Kristin Schulz on 11/15/2013 10:54 PM
    13 years experience working in inpatient/ outpatient rehabilitation.Majority of my experience lies in Brain trauma, majority of which are geriatric/ post stroke.
    Posted by Monika Kolwaite, PT, NCS on 11/15/2013 10:56 PM
    I would like to learn more about having several staff members be involved in this study. Would I be able to talk with someone involved in the study design and implementation?
    Posted by Nancy Righi on 11/16/2013 11:48 AM
    I am interested, currently working full time in Acute Inpatient and actively involved in referrals post hospitalization. Over 7 years in Acute Care and 2 years in Skilled Nursing PRN.
    Posted by Rick Evans on 11/16/2013 6:53 PM
    Interested in knowing more about it. Thank you.
    Posted by Jerson J on 11/16/2013 11:18 PM
    I would like to learn more about the program,sounds interesting.
    Posted by John Stasko on 11/18/2013 7:25 PM
    Would love to know more. What is the e-mail to contact the program? Link on APTA site won't work for me! Thanks.
    Posted by Rebecca Mittendorf on 11/18/2013 9:10 PM
    Sounds interesting. I would like to learn more about the study and am interested in participating. Thank You.
    Posted by Trisha Neill on 11/19/2013 12:40 PM
    I am interested in participating and would like to learn more. Currently working in subacute rehab, LTC facility for 9 years. Thank you.
    Posted by Connie McAvaddy on 11/20/2013 7:32 AM
    The link would not work for me as well and I tried to post a comment yesterday, but it did not take.
    Posted by Lara Firrone on 11/20/2013 8:47 AM
    Very interested in this study; sounds like valuable data could be extrapolated for healthcare reform! I have 24 years of PT practice experience in a variety of settings, the most recent decade in an acute rehab setting, and prior to that worked in skilled nursing facilities. Other prior experience was in outpatient orthopedics and school-based PT/pediatrics.
    Posted by Connie Crump, DPT, PT on 11/20/2013 11:22 AM
    Very interested, I would like to learn more.
    Posted by Millie on 11/20/2013 8:59 PM
    I would like to be involved with your research. I have 30 years SNF/TCU experience working in the geriatric population, all diagnoses with a specialty in NDT. We do frequent home assessments prior to discharge and I have toured and am familiar with ALF facilities. We have weekly team meetings with Nursing, SSW, RNP Dietary OT and Speech to set plans and recommendations for discharge to various settings.
    Posted by Lorraine Hoye, PT on 11/21/2013 1:54 PM
    Very interested in knowing more about the study. I have 17 yrs experience in acute care and acute rehab with daily interdisciplinary mtgs facilitating discharge and referrals to post-acute settings.
    Posted by Ashley Jones on 11/24/2013 8:11 PM
    I work in outpatient orthopedics but have worked in acute rehab. Would like to get more details.
    Posted by sonia mantilla on 11/25/2013 7:21 AM
    I have several years of Home Care experience and would be interested I receiving more information. Thank you
    Posted by Maureen Devaney on 11/25/2013 7:55 AM
    I'm interested in participating also. I've been a P.T. for 14 years and I've worked in Inpatient Rehab, Home Health, and currently in Acute Care at a large hospital in Texas. I would love to be involved in this type of research. Thank you.
    Posted by Patricia on 12/3/2013 10:21 PM