• Friday, May 24, 2013RSS Feed

DPT Moms Sought for 'Family Circle' Story

If you're a mom with your doctor of physical therapy degree, Family Circle magazine may be interested in having a reporter interview you for an upcoming story, "Best Advice from Dr Mom." The story focuses on what these moms do to keep their families happy and healthy. Family Circle is looking for someone with a child or children between the ages of 7 to 18, affiliated with a university, and located in the Midwest, West, or Northwest. If you're interested and available, please contact APTA's Jennifer Rondon no later than Tuesday, May 28.

Comments

I'm wondering why this opportunity is limited to "DPT Moms?" Most of us old enough to have kids in the specified age range graduated before the DPT was even available! Is it really relevant to the article if we have an MPT vs a DPT? Thank you, Ann
    Posted by Ann Wendel -> AFVa>N on 5/24/2013 12:17 PM
    Hello, im in northeast-Princeton,NJ, however we can have a phone chat .Im from India and completed my T-DPT in 2011.may be an international perspective would help!Also my daugther is 5 yrs old so not quite fitting the criteria. Thanks, Pallavi
    Posted by Pallavi Ardey on 5/24/2013 2:31 PM
    Given the nature of their article on "Best Advice for Dr Mom," Family Circle specifically wanted a DPT, among other requirements noted in the story.
    Posted by News Now Staff on 5/24/2013 2:32 PM
    I would be happy to help with this project--sounds terrific. I live in the Mid-Atlantic area, however. Also, I received my tDPT degree from the Medical College of Virginia, and am a member of their Alumni Association, but that is the extent of my university affiliation at this time.
    Posted by Elizabeth Scudder, PT DPT on 5/24/2013 3:39 PM
    How about PhD moms?
    Posted by John Kelly on 5/28/2013 10:12 AM
    I'd be interested in helping. I'm a DPT mom of 2, but my children do not quite fit the age. They're 2 and almost 5. I live here in the Midwest and have also put my husband through PTA school at the same time.
    Posted by Kristy Kay on 5/28/2013 7:10 PM
    I appear to have missed the deadline, however, I too would be interested/willing to help. My children are much younger, however, 2.5 and 5 months! We live in Wisconsin. My husband is a DPT as well :)
    Posted by Cassy Cooley -> ALV`>F on 5/29/2013 2:26 PM
    I too am a DPT mom, with a DPT daughter,Why isn't the northeast being considered ??
    Posted by Renee Fishweicher on 5/29/2013 6:37 PM
    I am DPT, GCS mom located in the west associated with West Coast University developing DPT program. I have also worked at University of St. Augustine, San Marcos, CA. Thanks
    Posted by Wendy on 5/30/2013 4:37 PM
    I know the deadline has passed but I too am a DPT mom. I have a 9.5 and 5 year old. I live in the Midwest and would be interested in helping.
    Posted by Stacey Lang on 6/5/2013 6:18 PM