Before you call or email APTA for assistance, these steps might help you resolve an issue with a Medicare Advantage Plan more quickly.
If your issue involves the resolution of a specific claim and doesn't reflect an ongoing problem with MA, then follow the appeals processes found in your provider manual or provider contract.
If you're experiencing continuous problems that indicate a systemic issue with MA that is significantly increasing administrative burden or impacting effective patient care, follow these steps:
1. Check out APTA's online advocacy resources that can help you advocate for yourself and your patients, including template letters to health plans and government officials:
2. If you don't find answers to your specific issue on our website, reach out to your contact at the MA plan. If you don't have one, search for contact information in your provider contract or check the plan's website for a provider hotline.
3. Frequently, state chapters are in the best position to advise on local or regional matters; consider reaching out to your chapter pay chair for assistance.
4. If you and your chapter reps still need help, contact your regional CMS office:
5. If taking these actions doesn't help to resolve the issue, email email@example.com with an explanation of your issue and the steps you've taken this far. Our experts will be happy to help.