About the Award
The State Legislative Leadership Award was established in 1993. This award recognizes the work of an individual APTA member on behalf of a component's state legislative efforts in a given year
The submissions process for this award is now closed for the 2018 cycle.
- Must be an active APTA member in good standing
- Must be a licensed physical therapist or physical therapist assistant in the state they serve
- Must have made a significant contribution and shown leadership in the area of state legislation
- Must be a role model to members in the area of state legislative leadership
The following documents are required to accompany the nomination:
- An original nomination form (.pdf), or a letter, signed by the component president
- A statement describing the nominee’s accomplishments and leadership on state legislative issues
- Support documents and additional letters of recommendation
What Recipients Receive
The selected 2018 recipient(s) will be invited to attend the State Policy & Payment Forum,
September 15-16, 2018, in Kansas City, Missouri. The award will be presented at the forum. The recipient(s) also will receive recognition on APTA's website, as well as in PT in Motion and PT in Motion: News.
View highlights from previous State Policy & Payment Forums.
View APTA State Legislative Leadership Award Recipients (1993 to present) (.pdf)
View APTA State Legislative Commitment Award Recipients (2007 to present) (.pdf)