APTA's State Legislative Leadership Award was established in 1993. This award recognizes the work of an individual APTA member on behalf of a component's state legislative efforts in a given year.
Nominations are now being accepted for the 2019 State Legislative Leadership Awards. Review requirements and details below. Deadline to apply is May 1, 2019.
- Must be an active APTA member in good standing
- Must be a licensed physical therapist or physical therapist assistant in the state they serve
- Must have made a significant contribution and shown leadership in the area of state legislation
- Must be a role model to members in the area of state legislative leadership
APTA component presidents and executives are encouraged to submit nominations for the 2017 State Legislative Leadership Award.
The following documents are required to accompany the nomination:
- An original nomination form (.pdf), or a letter, signed by the component president
- A statement describing the nominee’s accomplishments and leadership on state legislative issues
- Support documents and additional letters of recommendation
Submit nominations and completed nomination form by email to Angela Shuman at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to submit nominations is May 1, 2019.
What Recipients Receive
The selected recipient will be invited to attend the State Policy & Payment Forum, September 14, 2019, 2017, at the Crystal Gateway Marriott, Arlington, VA, with expenses paid by APTA. The award will be presented at the forum. The recipient(s) also will receive recognition on APTA's website, as well as in PT in Motion and PT in Motion: News.
View highlights from previous State Policy & Payment Forums.
If you have any questions about the nomination process or the award, contact Angela Shuman at email@example.com.