APTA's State Government Affairs department provides supplemental state legislative tracking reports to all 50 state chapters during the state legislative season (January - June). Reports are sent to the chapter presidents, executive personnel, and state legislative chair.
For tracking purposes, states are grouped into 8 regions. Please contact the appropriate staff member if you have questions or need additional information on legislation in your state.
Issues By State
View/track current legislative issues in your state .
APTA Legislative Staff Liaison By Region
Angela Shuman, director, state government affairs is the primary contact for the following regions:
- Eastern: Delaware, Kentucky, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, and the District of Columbia
- Southern: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, and South Carolina
- Southwest: Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah
- Pacific-Northwest: Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington
Isabella DeBono, state affairs specialist, is the primary contact for the following regions:
- Northeast: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, New York
- Great Lakes: Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Wisconsin
- Midwest: Arkansas, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas
- North Central: Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming