APTA's State Government Affairs department provides supplemental state legislative tracking reports to all 50 state chapters during the state legislative season (January - June). Reports are sent to the chapter presidents, executive personnel, and state legislative chair.
For tracking purposes, states are grouped into 8 regions. Please contact the appropriate staff member if you have questions or need additional information on legislation in your state.
Issues By State
We're working on improvements on this tool. Check back later this month for an update.
APTA Legislative Staff Liaison By Region
Angela Shuman, director, state government affairs is the primary contact for the following regions:
- Eastern: Delaware, Kentucky, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, and the District of Columbia
- Southern: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, and South Carolina
- Southwest: Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah
- Pacific-Northwest: Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington
- Northeast: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, New York
- Great Lakes: Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Wisconsin
- Midwest: Arkansas, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas
- North Central: Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming