APTA's State Government Affairs department provides supplemental state legislative tracking reports to all 50 state chapters during the state legislative season (January - June). Reports are sent to the chapter presidents, executive personnel, and state legislative chair.
For tracking purposes, states are grouped into eight (8) regions, with tracking responsibilities divided between Angela Shuman and Stephen Hellier. Please contact the appropriate staff member if you have questions or need additional information on legislation in your state.
Issues By State
View/track current legislative issues in your state .
APTA Legislative Staff Liaison By Region
Angela Shuman, director, state government affairs currently oversees all regions.
- Eastern: Delaware, Kentucky, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, and the District of Columbia
- Northeast: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, New York
- Great Lakes: Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Wisconsin
- Midwest: Arkansas, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas
- North Central: Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming
- Southern: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, and South Carolina
- Southwest: Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah
- Pacific-Northwest: Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington