There are currently 2 vacancies for this committee. Learn more and apply.
Applicant should be (or have been) one of the following:
- federal affairs liaison or federal key contact
- current or former chapter or section leader (president or board member)
- former award recipient
- PT-PAC club member
- state legislative chair
Term of Appointees
Individuals appointed to this committee shall serve a two year term. No individual shall serve more than two consecutive terms.
The Awards Committee Subcommittees will apply the criteria established by the Board of Directors (Board) for each association honor and award to each nomination received for each award under its purview and make recommendations regarding award recipients to the Board.
For the period January 1, 2013, to December 31, 2013, the Board of Directors' determined charge for each Awards Committee Subcommittee is:
- Review award nominations received for each award that falls under the subcommittee's purview against the applicable criteria established by the Board of Directors.
- Forward to the Board of Directors recommendations of recipients for APTA honors and awards within the subcommittee's purview.
- When requested by the Board of Directors, review and make recommendations on proposals for new awards applicable to the subcommittee's award category and provide feedback on the utility of the criterion for existing awards within the subcommittee's purview.
A nomination is the packet of materials submitted to APTA in response to the association's annual call for nominations for its honors and awards program. Each subcommittee works independently to review the received nominations that fall within its purview.
A recommendation is what each Awards Committee Subcommittee brings to the Board after it has completed its review of all nominations for each honor or award under its purview. It is the Board's responsibility to either accept or reject recommendations.
Committee Specific Charge
The Advocacy Awards Subcommittee will review nominations received for awards in the advocacy category.
All APTA appointed groups will conduct their work with the Association Organizational Values in mind and in the context of 1) APTA's mission, vision, and strategic plan, and 2) the potential for their work to have implications related to physical therapist assistants, women, diversity, and risk management.
BOD Chair: This Board-appointed group does not have a Board Chair to avoid any conflict of interest. Due to the nature of this group's work, it will not have a single chair. Rather, the senior member of each subcommittee will serve as the chair for the particular subcommittee and work with the staff liaison as needed to manage the work of their particular subcommittee.
Staff Liaisons: Agatha Johnson, MA, CAE, director, member services, and Stephanie Sadowski, honors & awards program specialist, member services.
Browse Current Volunteer Group Rosters
For additional information regarding this and other APTA volunteer opportunities, please contact Amber Neil in APTA's National Governance and Leadership Department at 800/999-2782, ext. 8184, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.