There are currently no vacancies for this group. Check back for future opportunities.
Candidates should have experience with nonprofit finance (i.e. chapter or section treasurer); proven financial leadership in the members' professional life; ability to see the big picture but also understand the subtleties of nonprofit finance.
Term of Appointees
The APTA Bylaws, Article X., Section 1, A., provides that "[t]this committee shall consist of at least five members, one of whom shall be the treasurer, and each member other than the treasurer shall serve a term of four years. At least one member shall be appointed annually."
The purpose of the Finance and Audit Committee, as outlined in the APTA bylaws, Article X., Section 1., A is to:
- Advise the Board of Directors on matters pertaining to the association's financial needs, growth, and stability based on periodic review of income, expenditure, and investments.
- Present an annual budget to the Board of Directors.
- Be the point of contact and meet at least annually with the association's independent auditors to discuss the annual audit.
- Advise the Board of Directors of any irregularities or material findings that arise from the independent audit or other sources.
For the period January 1, 2013, to December 31, 2013, the Board of Directors' determined charge for the Finance and Audit Committee is:
- Review the annual budget to ensure that it is sound from a financial perspective and make a recommendation to the Board of Directors
- Present at the financial information for component leaders session at APTA's Combined Sections Meeting
- Serve as the association's audit committee and meet with the auditors annually to determine the scope of work and review the audit results
- Review quarterly financial information and provide feedback to the treasurer
- Review the investment policy and make recommendations to modify the policy when necessary
All APTA appointed groups will conduct their work with the Association Organizational Values in mind and in the context of 1) APTA's mission, vision, and strategic plan, and 2) the potential for their work to have implications related to physical therapist assistants, women, diversity, and risk management.
BOD Chair: Elmer Platz, PT
Staff Liaison: Rob Batarla, CPA, chief financial officer
Browse Current Volunteer Group Rosters
For additional information regarding this and other APTA volunteer opportunities, please contact Amber Neil in APTA's National Governance and Leadership Department at 800/999-2782, ext. 8184, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.