There are currently no vacancies for this group. Check back for future opportunities.
All members of this task force will be physical therapists.
- Faculty in a postprofessional DPT (transitional) program
- Section or chapter continuing education chairperson
- Responsible for competency or professional development of PTs or PTAs as a job responsibility
Term of Appointees
Appointees are asked to serve until task is complete.
The Learning Task Force will recommend a learning blueprint to the APTA Board of Directors. The blueprint will be used to enhance the knowledge, skills, and abilities of physical therapists and physical therapist assistants to provide optimal, collaborative, and patient- and client-centered care. Additionally, the task force will generate an effective, efficient, and appealing menu of annual learning opportunities.
For the period January 1, 2013, and December 31, 2013, the Board of Directors' determined charge for the Learning Task Force is:
- Identify the core knowledge, skills, and professional behaviors required to maintain and enhance physical therapist and physical therapist assistant competency
- Validate and refine these knowledge, skills, and professional behaviors, and organize to create a learning blueprint
- Review current APTA offerings (including those within sections and chapters) and identify gaps and priorities
- Develop a business plan for APTA's Learning Center
All APTA appointed groups will conduct their work with the Association Organizational Values in mind and in the context of 1) APTA's mission, vision, and strategic plan, and 2) the potential for their work to have implications related to physical therapist assistants, women, diversity, and risk management.
BOD Chair: Jeanine Gunn, PT, DPT
Staff Liaison: Lisa Ruane, CAE, senior director, professional development
Browse Current Volunteer Group Rosters
For additional information regarding this and other APTA volunteer opportunities, please contact Amber Neil in APTA's National Governance and Leadership Department at 800/999-2782, ext. 8184, or by e-mail at email@example.com.