There are currently no vacancies for this task force.
Size of the Appointed Group
8 individuals: 1 Board chair (Speaker of the House), 3 members of the APTA Board of Directors who are not Officers of the House of Delegates, and 4 APTA members.
Preference will be given to individuals with the following experience:
- Thorough understanding of APTA governance structure and interrelationship between national and component entities
- Knowledge of the role and purpose of bylaws and their relationship to governing documents of the association
- Ability to facilitate discussions and gather input from a variety of sources
- Ability to synthesize information from a variety of sources
The steering committee is expected to have an annual 2-day onsite meeting along with additional virtual meetings via webinars and conference calls to meet the charge during the established timeframe.
Develop bylaw amendment recommendations for consideration by the Board of Directors for presentation to the 2020 APTA House of Delegates.
The Board of Directors' determined charge for the Bylaws Review Task Force is as follows. The group will be disbanded as appropriate, by the Board of Directors when the charge has been met:
- Determine the principles that will guide the bylaws revision
- Develop a blueprint for the bylaws
- Gather input from stakeholders regarding content areas of the bylaws that require revision
- Facilitate discussions with stakeholders regarding proposed bylaw amendments
Note: All APTA appointed groups will conduct their work with the Association Organizational Values in mind and in the context of 1) APTA's mission, vision, and strategic plan, and 2) the potential for their work to have implications related to physical therapist assistants, women, diversity, and risk management.
BOD Chair: Sue Griffin, PT, DPT, MS
Staff Liaison: Cheryl Robinson, Director, National Governance
Board Liaison: Sue Griffin, PT, DPT, MS**
**The role of the Board Liaison is to serve as a conduit between the Board and the Awards Committee and assist in special projects such as the review and revision of awards policies. The Board liaison does not participate in subcommittee conversations related to nominees, and does not review the nominations received for each award.
For additional information regarding this and other APTA volunteer opportunities, please email email@example.com.