There are currently no vacancies for this group. Check back for future opportunities.
Term of Appointees
Appointees are asked to serve until task is complete.
The purpose of the Member Engagement and Leadership Development Task Force is to develop and present to the Board of Directors a proposal with viable options for achieving greater member engagement and leadership development that encourage and support engagement, growth, and overall success of the association.
The finalized proposal should:
- Be responsive to the research finding of the Governance Review Task Force that difficulty in engaging members in leadership opportunities is a significant challenge and issues related to identifying and developing leaders are a concern at all membership levels and across all levels of the association;
- Reflect benchmarking of other associations in the areas of member engagement and leadership development;
- Define the terms "member engagement" and "leadership development" in the context of APTA;
- Identify options for the association's role in member engagement and leadership development at the national and component levels; and
- Identify options for a succession process to the component and national presidency.
All APTA appointed groups are asked to conduct their work with the Association's Organizational Values in mind and in the context of 1) APTA's mission, vision and strategic plan, and 2) the potential for their work to have implications related to physical therapist assistants, women, diversity, and risk management.
BOD Chair: Kathleen K Mairella, PT, DPT, MA
Staff Liaison: Elizabeth Grotos, senior specialist, component governance and leadership
Browse Current Volunteer Group Rosters
For additional information regarding this and other APTA volunteer opportunities, please contact Amber Neil in APTA's National Governance and Leadership Department at 800/999-2782, ext. 8184, or by e-mail at email@example.com.