Dates: January 8-9, 2018
Location: Davenport, IA
Course Type: Live Seminar
Price: Available through course contact
CEU: 1.7 CEUs/CCUs (17 contact hours)*
*Please note: Licensees should verify with their state licensing board for acceptance of continuing education units by reviewing the relevant state practice act and/or administrative code.
Description: The Advanced Credentialed Clinical Instructor Program provides clinicians with skills and information to more effectively teach and mentor students in the context of a doctoring profession.
Course content reflects a case-based and interactive approach and encompasses core aspects of contemporary professional education and clinical practice. Participants will build upon the foundation of knowledge acquired through the basic-level credentialing course (CCIP), as they work cooperatively to achieve the highest level of clinical teaching expertise.
The program's unique design enables participants to attain the best outcomes for student learning by concurrently advancing concepts of clinical teaching and clinical practice, such as:
- Consistent application of professional standards and regulations in clinical education, including appropriate direction and supervision of PTAs and other support personnel
- Awareness of clinically-relevant state and federal regulations, as well as professional guidelines established by APTA, FSBPT, and CAPTE
- Correct use of the patient/client management model to include screening, examination, evaluation, diagnosis, prognosis, and outcomes
- Understanding of Vision 2020’s connection to the clinical instruction process, including the roles of autonomous practice, professionalism, and evidence-based practice
- Accurate and effective documentation practices which adhere to regulations, manage risk, and lead to appropriate payment for physical therapy services
This voluntary program is designed for physical therapists who have successfully completed the CCIP course and who have supervised and mentored at least one student. Registrants must complete several prerequisites before convening in the classroom, which include both online and print requirements.
This course is intended for physical therapists in a clinical setting who have successfully completed the basic course. Physical therapists who successfully complete the program will receive a credential which verifies their status as an APTA-Advanced Credentialed Clinical Instructor, as well as 1.7 continuing education units (CEUs) which may be used to satisfy licensure renewal requirements.
See full Schedule of Advanced CI Credentialing Courses
Email course contact to learn more and register | Registration Deadline: December 13, 2017