Nominees must have:
- Sustained and continuous positive leadership contributions over a period of 15 years or more;
- Leadership contributions of an exceptional value to the association and to the physical therapy profession;
- Demonstrated significant leadership that has had a lasting impact on the development and progression of the physical therapy profession;
- Through his/her leadership, demonstrated contributions leading to a measurable change, revitalization of an idea resulting in change, or creation of an opportunity for change within the physical therapy profession;
- Demonstrated exceptional leadership ability within the physical therapy profession through service to his/her local community, to APTA and its components, or to international physical therapy associations, through elected or appointed groups, appointed or elected positions, or other volunteer capacities; and
- Recognition by peers for her/his service and contributions to the physical therapy profession and the association.
What Recipients Receive
An engraved crystal vase will be presented to the recipient(s) by APTA's Board of Directors at NEXT (formerly APTA Annual Conference) and an official announcement will appear in an association publication.
During the online process, the following documents will be required for upload:
- Current curriculum vitae or resume of the nominee
- A letter of nomination (from the nominator) that specifically focuses on the strengths of the nominee in relation to the award criteria, not to exceed 3 pages
- 2 letters of support, not to exceed 2 pages each, obtained from individuals who can specifically address one or more of the criteria for selection
Submit a Nomination
The call for nominations will begin September 2014. Please check back for updates.
View past award recipients for this award (.pdf).