Innovation Summit: Collaborative Care Models is a groundbreaking event that will bring together physical therapists, physicians, large health systems, and policy makers to discuss the current and future role of physical therapy in integrated models of care.
Those attending the summit, in person or virtually, will be eligible to receive CEUs (1.0). The objectives for the summit are as follows:
- Identify the latest developments in the formation of integrated financial delivery systems under the Affordable Care Act.
- Differentiate between accountable care organizations (ACOs), bundled payment models, and patient-centered medical homes (PCMHs) and address the challenges and opportunities posed by each for physical therapists.
- Implement quality improvement, patient-centered, and population health initiatives into your practice and articulate your practice’s value in integrated models of care.
- Adapt your practices to address clinical and regulatory challenges and opportunities that arise regarding the implementation of innovative models of care such as ACOs, PCMHs, and bundled payment models.
- Apply new administrative and clinical processes to collect outcome data and form relationships with large health systems and physician groups to improve quality and lower costs.
- Assess current implementation of innovative models under Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial insurers and implement successful strategies to participate in these programs.
- Identify trends in private payer and employer-sponsored plans regarding direct access and increased focus on the value of physical therapy.