APTA suggests that candidates in the United States obtain information on preparing for the National Physical Therapy Licensure Examination by visiting a physical therapy school in their area to find out if there are materials available for review in the school library or for purchase in the bookstore.
APTA does not endorse or sanction any of the resources listed below but rather provides them for users to access and evaluate based on their own judgment.
- Licensure Examination Preparatory Courses for Physical Therapist and Physical Therapist Assistant Candidates. Regional and on-campus courses stressing diagnosis of candidates' strengths and weaknesses, study strategies, and test-taking skills. Hundreds of sample questions and extensive resource material provided. Contact International Educational Resources (IER) at 888/369-0743 or www.therapyed.com. Address is 500 Davis Street, Suite 512, Evanston, IL 60201.
- National Physical Therapy Examination Review & Study Guide. Authors are Susan O'Sullivan, PT, EdD, and Raymond Siegelman, PT, DPT, MS, and other experts. Comprehensive content review plus three simulated, computer-based examinations (CD). Included with the prep course at no additional charge or available separately. To order go to www.therapyed.com or call 888/369-0743 or contact IER at the address listed above.
- National Physical Therapist Assistant Examination Review & Study Guide. Author is Geralyn Farrelly, PTA, and other experts. Comprehensive content review plus simulated, computer-based examinations (CD). Included with prep course at no additional charge or available separately. To order go to www.therapyed.com or call 888/369-0743 or contact IER at 500 Davis Street, Suite 512, Evanston, IL 60201.
- Physical Therapist Examination Review, Ninth Edition by Theresa Meyer, PT. To order please contact SLACK Incorporated, 6900 Grove Road, Thorofare, NJ 08086. Phone: 800/257-8290 or 856/848-1000; Fax: 856/853-5991; www.slackbooks.com
- Physical Therapist Assistant Examination Review, Fourth Edition by Theresa Meyer, PT. To order please contact SLACK Incorporated, 6900 Grove Road, Thorofare, NJ 08086. Phone: 800/257-8290 or 856/848-1000; Fax: 856/853-5991; www.slackbooks.com
- PT Final Exam offers an online, mentored review course to guide students in their NPTE preparation. Participate in live webinars with personal coaching as you complete assignments based on the FSBPT content outline. Additionally, PT Final Exam includes free study guides, a full practice exam, and helpful suggestions for the NPTE.
- Scorebuilders' mission is to assist student physical therapists and physical therapist assistants to pass the National Physical Therapy Examinations on the first attempt through the use of innovative and informative educational materials. Its product line includes review books, online examinations, on-campus and online review courses, flashcards, and Apps. If you are serious about the examination, it has a solution for you! A full description of the entire product line as well as ordering information can be found on their website. Contact Scorebuilders at PO Box 7242, Scarborough, ME 04070-7242; Phone: 207/885-0304; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Clinical Resource Manual and Licensure Study Guide for Physical Therapists, by R. Eric Oestmann, PT, MS. To order, contact East-West Publishing, 8010 Spring Canyon Trail, Rapid City, SD 57702. Phone: 605/341-1097.
- Therapy Exam Prep is an online NPTE webinar service helping license applicants pass their board exam. Participate in Interactive live webinars and review the on demand videos with clinical thinking assignments to help you study smarter. Assess your strengths and weakness with a very detailed exam analysis and study plans to help you gain confidence passing your exam.
- The Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy (FSBPT) offers an Online Review Guide for the National Physical Therapist Examination. A full description of this guide and information about how to order it can be found on the FSBPT Web site.
- A List of State Licensing Agencies is also available on the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy's Web site.