APTA's State Legislative Leadership Award was established in 1993. This award recognizes the work of an individual APTA member on behalf of a component's state legislative efforts in a given year.
- Must be an active APTA member in good standing
- Must be a licensed physical therapist or physical therapist assistant in the state they serve
- Must have made a significant contribution and shown leadership in the area of state legislation
- Must be a role model to members in the area of state legislative leadership
APTA component presidents and executives are encouraged to submit nominations for the 2015 State Legislative Leadership Award.
The following documents are required to accompany the nomination:
- An original nomination form (.pdf), or a letter, signed by the component president
- A statement describing the nominee’s accomplishments and leadership on state legislative issues
- Support documents and additional letters of recommendation
Submit nominations to Angela Chasteen by email at email@example.com or by fax 703/706-3246. Please note that a separate nomination form must be submitted for each nominated individual. The deadline to submit nominations is Friday, May 1, 2015.
What Recipients Receive
The selected recipient will be invited to attend the State Policy & Payment Forum,
September 19-21, 2015, in Denver, Colorado. The award will be presented at the forum. The recipient also will receive recognition on APTA's website, as well as in PT in Motion and PT in Motion: News.
View highlights from previous State Policy & Payment Forums.
If you have any questions about the nomination process or the award, contact Angela Chasteen at 800/999-2782, ext. 3199, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.