The Henry O. and Florence P. Kendall Practice Award recognizes a physical therapy professional who has engaged in extensive clinical practice for a minimum of 15 years. Recipients of this award embody and demonstrate a commitment to developing physical therapy as a caring profession.
Nominees must have:
- Engaged in extensive clinical practice for at least 15 years
- positively and substantially affected the shape, scope, and quality of physical therapy practice
- had an impact on other physical therapists in a manner that has significantly increased their abilities to practice physical therapy
- contributed to the overall and widespread development of physical therapy as a caring profession and
- demonstrated contributions to the association.
Criteria for Selection:
- Duration of clinical practice.
- Effect on shape, scope, and quality of physical therapy practice.
- Effect on other physical therapists' ability to practice.
- Effect on the development of physical therapy as a caring profession.
- Quality and quantity of contributions to the association.
What Recipients Receive
A plaque will be presented to the recipient and the recipient will receive $500 as a contribution towards a charitable or educational institution or an established scientific or literary project of their choosing. The award will be presented by APTA's Board of Directors at an APTA national event and an official announcement will appear in an association publication.
During the online process, the following documents will be required for upload:
- Current curriculum vitae or resume of the nominee
- A letter of nomination that specifically focuses on the strengths of the nominee in relation to the award criteria, not to exceed 3 pages
- 2 letters of support obtained from individuals upon whom the nominee has had an impact, which specifically address one or more of the criteria for selection, not to exceed 2 pages each
Submit a Nomination
The nominations call for the 2021 Honors and Awards program are now open. Nominations must be submitted via our awards portal by December 1 to be considered.
For questions regarding the nomination process or the award, please contact email@example.com.