The Lucy Blair Service Award honors physical therapist members or physical therapist life members whose contributions to APTA are of exceptional quality. Qualifying contributions can pertain to association components, through work on appointed or elected positions, and/or in other capacities at the association and component levels.
Nominees must be physical therapists who are physical therapist or physical therapist life members of the association.
Criteria for Selection
Contributions and service should be of exceptional value to the association:
- May be in the realm of any area(s) of concern to the association as a whole, to the association's components, or elements relative to the national association.
- May be those made through an individual's service on one or more elected or appointed groups, or in one or more elected or appointed positions, and/or in one or more other capacities at the national and component levels of the association.
- A nominee's service will be judged based on the results of that individual's service and not merely the duration or continuity of that service.
What Recipients Receive
A framed certificate and the Lucy Blair Service Award lapel pin will be presented to the recipient(s) by APTA's Board of Directors at NEXT Conference & Exposition, and an official announcement will appear in an association publication.
During the online process, the following documents will be required for upload:
- Current curriculum vitae or resume of the nominee.
- A letter of nomination that specifically focuses on the strengths of the nominee in relation to the award criteria, not to exceed three pages.
- Four letters of support obtained from individuals who can specifically address one or more of the criteria for selection, not to exceed two pages each.
Submit a Nomination
Nominations for the 2020 cycle are now closed. The call for nominations will open again in fall 2020 for the 2021 cycle.
For questions regarding the nomination process or the award, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.