The Marilyn Moffat Leadership Award honors an individual held in high regard by his or her peers for distinguished leadership and significant contributions to the physical therapy profession and the association.
Nominees must have:
- Sustained and continuous positive leadership contributions over a period of 15 years or more;
- Leadership contributions of an exceptional value to the association and to the physical therapy profession;
- Demonstrated significant leadership that has had a lasting impact on the development and progression of the physical therapy profession;
- Through his/her leadership, demonstrated contributions leading to a measurable change, revitalization of an idea resulting in change, or creation of an opportunity for change within the physical therapy profession;
- Demonstrated exceptional leadership ability within the physical therapy profession through service to his/her local community, to APTA and its components, or to international physical therapy associations, through elected or appointed groups, appointed or elected positions, or other volunteer capacities; and
- Recognition by peers for her/his service and contributions to the physical therapy profession and the association.
What Recipients Receive
An award will be presented to the recipient by APTA's Board of Directors at the NEXT Conference and Exposition and an official announcement will appear in an association publication.
During the online process, the following documents will be required for upload:
- Current curriculum vitae or resume of the nominee
- A letter of nomination that specifically focuses on the strengths of the nominee in relation to the award criteria, not to exceed 3 pages
- 2 letters of support obtained from individuals who can specifically address one or more of the criteria for selection, not to exceed 2 pages each
Submit a Nomination
Nominations for the 2020 cycle are now closed. The call for nominations will open again in fall 2020 for the 2021 cycle.
For questions regarding the nomination process or the award, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.