The Outstanding Physical Therapist/Physical Therapist Assistant Team Award honors professionals who have individually provided clinical service for a minimum of five years, and have positively affected the quality of physical therapy through their combined teamwork during a period of at least three years. This award recognizes a PT/PTA team whose positive work has contributed to the delivery of high-quality physical therapist services.
Individually, nominees must:
- Be a physical therapist or physical therapist assistant who has been engaged in providing clinical services for at least five years.
- Has been licensed or regulated if required by the jurisdiction where the individual is working.
Note: The composition of the team may include one or more physical therapists and one or more physical therapist assistants.
Physical therapist and physical therapist assistant teams must have:
- Worked together (existed) in a clinical practice of any setting for at least three years.
- Positively affected the quality of physical therapy care provided to patients and clients in their practice setting as a result of their ability to work as a team.
- Contributed to the enhancement of the overall delivery of physical therapist services in their practice setting as a result of their teamwork.
- Provide a formal (written) or informal (communicated) team protocol that includes team structure, method of communication, determination of assignments to patients and clients, and method of supervision related to patient and client needs.
Criteria for Selection
The PT/PTA team relationship:
- Is characterized by trust, mutual respect, adaptability, cooperation, and an appreciation of individual and cultural differences.
- Involves direction, supervision, and effective communication.
- Has been enhanced through mentoring, continuing education, and professional development.
- Had an effect on the delivery of high quality physical therapist services to patients and clients within their practice setting.
What Recipient Receive
An award will be presented to each physical therapist and physical therapist assistant member of the selected PT/PTA team. The award will be presented by APTA's Board of Directors at NEXT Conference & Exposition and an official announcement will appear in an association publication.
During the online process, the following documents will be required for upload:
- Completed eligibility form.
- Current curriculum vitae or resume of the nominees (both PT and PTA).
- A letter of nomination that specifically focuses on the strengths of the nominated PT/PTA team in relation to the award criteria, not to exceed three pages.
- Two letters of support obtained from individuals (e.g., patients, peers, colleagues, employees) upon whom the team has had an impact, which specifically address one or more of the criteria for selection, not to exceed two pages each.
- Description of the team's formal (written) or informal (communicated) protocol: team structure, method of communication, determination of assignments to patients and clients, and method of supervision related to patient and client needs.
Submit a Nomination
Nominations for the 2020 cycle are now closed. The call for nominations will open again in fall 2020 for the 2021 cycle.
For questions regarding the nomination process or the award, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.