Do you want to contribute to an organization dedicated to improving societal health? Would you like to collaborate with colleagues who are passionate about making a difference? Are you excited to work in a new state-of-the-art building designed to encourage movement, participation, and employee health?
Then you want to work for the American Physical Therapy Association!
APTA is the trusted leader for the physical therapy profession, representing 100,000 physical therapists, physical therapist assistants, and physical therapy students. Our team supports the association's mission to build a community that advances the profession of physical therapy to improve the health of society.
Provides administrative support for activities of the Certifications Department. Assists department colleagues with carrying out efforts to meet objectives on organizational priorities with a focus on departmental contributions to education and certification strategy for the Association. Supports operational needs for appointed and member volunteer groups and APTA leadership. Provides support with data entry as appropriate including compliance documents. Seeks out and supports and opportunities for continuous quality improvement in department activities. Effective champion of the Association vision, mission, and brand.
- Provides administrative support for the implementation of work plans related to respective activities which align with organizational priorities and business strategy, including (but not limited to) processing and reviewing applications for the specialist certification program; specifically, overseeing the administrative processing, review, and assessment of certification applications (pediatrics, orthopedics, sports, and women’s health) and assists with the review and assessment of recertification and maintenance candidates;
- Prepares required compliance forms and documents as required including, when applicable and appropriate, handling refunds and accounts payable requests;
- Provides support of the operations, marketing and promotional efforts, including opportunities to advance and gain efficiencies;
- Supports the Certifications team in the implementation of the programs, priorities, and projects in partnership with the Association and staff colleagues;
- Prepares, in consultation with the Senior Director, data which supports and aligns with the APTA data strategy.
- Upholds and fosters team values.
- Complies with all APTA policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned to foster achievement of association priorities.
- High School Diploma required; some college preferred.
- 2+ years of experience working in a non-profit or business setting
- Solid administrative skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Database experience.
- Must be highly organized; experienced in handling a variety of projects with proven abilities in prioritizing deadlines and seeing projects to completion.
- Excellent proofreading skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team.
- Excellent and effective communication skills – written and verbal
- Must be proficient in MS Office and web-based applications.
- Up to 10% - National
APTA's outstanding benefits include generous annual vacation and sick leave, federal paid holidays, retirement contributions, and commuting subsidies for employees who choose public transit and active transportation.
APTA's headquarters are located across the street from the new Potomac Yard Metrorail station set to open in October 2022, with immediate access to the DMV's bike trail system. Opened in 2021, APTA Centennial Center's amenities include a fitness center, bike share, and health and wellness classes—all free to APTA employees. A WiFi-connected rooftop terrace offers views of the Potomac River and Washington, D.C. skyline, offering a great alternate work location or place to take a break.
Most staff positions are eligible for APTA's flexible work arrangement schedule. New hires must be employed three full consecutive months before being eligible to apply for a flexible work arrangement.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: email@example.com.
Principals only: no agencies; no phone calls, please. Candidates selected to participate in an interview will be contacted by Human Resources.
Equal Opportunity Employer: The American Physical Therapy Association is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
APTA participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information please visit e-verify.uscis.gov.
APTA is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce and invites and welcomes applicants with diversity of experience, mindset, and skills to add value to APTA and our staff community.
Position is located in Alexandria, VA.