- Coordinates the activities of the Central Panel; prepares materials for panel business and program review and all follow up from meetings.
- Provides information and counsel to the Central Panel and CAPTE related to the changing higher education context and its implications for accreditation.
- Manages the preaccreditation processes conducted by the Central Panel, including assignment of Candidacy and CAPTE reviewers.
- Monitors the accreditation and higher education environment for changes that might require modification of CAPTE processes and procedures.
- Consults with institutions and program officials related to CAPTE candidacy and accreditation decisions.
- Plans and delivers Developing Program Workshops; participates in the delivery of Self Study Workshops and On-site Reviewer training.
- Physical Therapist and doctoral degree preferred
- Advanced degree or equivalent combination of education and related experience
- 10+ years in professional level related position
- Executive level experience/expertise in accreditation required
- Broad experience in programmatic accreditation of health education programs
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including competency with conflict management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in organizational leadership and management
- Ability to be mobile.
- Travel time required: 15%
How to Apply
Equal Opportunity Employer. Employer Principals Only. No phone calls please. Position is located in Alexandria, VA.
Not eligible for remote work.
Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements when applying.
American Physical Therapy Association is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
APTA participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information please visit e-verify.uscis.gov.