Do you want to contribute to an organization dedicated to improving societal health? Would you like to collaborate with colleagues who are passionate about making a difference? Are you excited to work in a new state-of-the-art building designed to encourage movement, participation, and employee health?
Then you want to work for the American Physical Therapy Association!
APTA is the trusted leader for the physical therapy profession, representing 100,000 physical therapists, physical therapist assistants, and physical therapy students. Our team supports the association’s mission to build a community that advances the profession of physical therapy to improve the health of society.
This position will lead the strategic development and management of the user experience and content for APTA's digital platforms including multiple websites, email platform, social media, and other digital content (video, podcasts, etc.). In addition to the specific duties, will also serve as a member of the Member Experience unit which implements efforts to support organizational priorities and activities within the Brand Strategy and Communications department.
This position is also the lead contact for outsourced work with related vendors and is responsible for ensuring APTA's digital strategies and systems evolve to meet APTA's business objectives, while striving to be at the leading edge. Will support unit efforts with a focus on departmental contributions to membership strategy for the Association. Participates and support efforts for appointed and member volunteer groups and APTA leadership. Supports preparation of compliance requirements and documents and seeks out opportunities for continuous quality improvement in department activities.
- Works across the organization to manage and implement website content updates and ongoing content management. Responsibilities include scheduling, formatting, and sending emails to appropriate target audiences; guiding ongoing social and digital content; and reviewing and responding to performance analytics. Implements work plans related to respective activities of the Brand Strategy and Communications department which align with organizational priorities and the Association’s membership strategy and people strategy.
- Prepares and completes required departmental compliance forms and documents ensuring required information is accurate for timely submission of all required information.
- Contributes to and implements recommendations on advancing operations within the department to gain efficiencies, and grow revenue, if applicable.
- Contributes to quality assurance and continuous quality/performance improvement in department activities, including supporting department director, and unit leader in annual assessments of respective budget activities described above.
- Supports the Member Experience team in the implementation of the Association’s programs, priorities, and projects in partnership with department director and staff colleagues.
- Prepares in consultation with the Director, department level data which supports and aligns with the APTA data strategy.
- Upholds and fosters team values.
- Complies with all APTA policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned to foster achievement of association priorities.
- Undergraduate degree in English, communications, or related field or equivalent related experience.
- Minimum 7 years of experience.
- Strong experience with Website, email, analytics, and social media platforms, ideally including Optimizely (formerly Episerver), Informz (a HigherLogic platform), and Google Analytics required.
- Essential skills to include a strong understanding of HTML, CSS, and user experience best practices.
- Understanding of analytics and performance metrics.
- A strong eye for quality and detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
APTA's outstanding benefits include generous annual vacation and sick leave, federal paid holidays, retirement contributions, and commuting subsidies for employees who choose public transit and active transportation.
APTA's headquarters are located across the street from the new Potomac Yard Metrorail station set to open in October 2022, with immediate access to the DMV's bike trail system. Opened in 2021, APTA Centennial Center's amenities include a fitness center, bike share, and health and wellness classes—all free to APTA employees. A WiFi-connected rooftop terrace offers views of the Potomac River and Washington, D.C. skyline, offering a great alternate work location or place to take a break.
Most staff positions are eligible for APTA's flexible work arrangement schedule. New hires must be employed three full consecutive months before being eligible to apply for a flexible work arrangement.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Principals only: no agencies; no phone calls, please. Candidates selected to participate in an interview will be contacted by Human Resources.
Equal Opportunity Employer: The American Physical Therapy Association is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
APTA participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information please visit e-verify.uscis.gov.
APTA is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce and invites and welcomes applicants with diversity of experience, mindset, and skills to add value to APTA and our staff community.
Position is located in Alexandria, VA.