A member of the Education team that manages the implementation of efforts to support organizational priorities and activities within the Certifications department. Supports unit efforts with a focus on departmental contributions to education and certification strategy for the Association. Supervises staff including ensuring adherence to Association policies and procedures, coaching staff and supporting engagement and participation in the workplace. Supports appointed and member volunteer groups and APTA leadership.
Prepares for approval compliance requirements and documents and seeks out opportunities for continuous quality improvement in department activities. Effective champion of the Association vision, mission and brand.
- Manages implementation of work plans related to respective activities of the Certifications department which align with organizational priorities and the Association's education and certification strategy.
- Accountable for meeting performance expectations and metrics for department and respective budget activities.
- Manages preparation of compliance requirements as outlined below including timely submission of all required forms.
- Supervises staff within the department, assuring adherence to policies and procedures, coaching staff, recruitment and retention of team members and ensuring morale, engagement, and participation in the workplace.
- Provides recommendations on advancing operations within the department to gain efficiencies, grow revenue, and provide stewardship of association resources.
- Contributes to quality assurance and continuous quality/performance improvement in department activities, including supporting department director, and unit leader in annual assessments of respective budget activities described above.
- Supports the Education team in the implementation of the Association's programs, priorities, and projects in partnership with department director and staff colleagues.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years' experience in certification profession
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The American Physical Therapy Association is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
APTA participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information please visit e-verify.uscis.gov.
Principals Only. Position is located in Alexandria, VA.