Do you want to contribute to an organization dedicated to improving societal health? Would you like to collaborate with colleagues who are passionate about making a difference? Are you excited to work in a new state-of-the-art building designed to encourage movement, participation, and employee health?
Then you want to work for the American Physical Therapy Association!
APTA is the trusted leader for the physical therapy profession, representing 100,000 physical therapists, physical therapist assistants, and physical therapy students. Our team supports the association's mission to build a community that advances the profession of physical therapy to improve the health of society.
This position has management responsibility for the association's credentialed clinical instructor program, a dynamic multi-level assessment-based certificate program.
A member of the Education team that manages the implementation of efforts to support organizational priorities and activities within the Certifications department. Supports unit efforts with a focus on departmental contributions to education and certification strategy for the Association. Supervises staff including ensuring adherence to Association policies and procedures, coaching staff and supporting engagement and participation in the workplace. Supports appointed and member volunteer groups and APTA leadership.
Prepares for approval compliance requirements and documents and seeks out opportunities for continuous quality improvement in department activities. Effective champion of the Association vision, mission and brand.
- Manages implementation of work plans related to respective activities of the Certifications department which align with organizational priorities and the Association's education and certification strategy.
- Accountable for meeting performance expectations and metrics for department and respective budget activities.
- Manages preparation of compliance requirements as outlined below including timely submission of all required forms.
- Supervises staff within the department, assuring adherence to policies and procedures, coaching staff, recruitment and retention of team members and ensuring morale, engagement, and participation in the workplace.
- Provides recommendations on advancing operations within the department to gain efficiencies, grow revenue, and provide stewardship of association resources.
- Contributes to quality assurance and continuous quality/performance improvement in department activities, including supporting department director, and unit leader in annual assessments of respective budget activities described above.
- Supports the Education team in the implementation of the Association's programs, priorities, and projects in partnership with department director and staff colleagues.
- Upholds and fosters team values.
- Complies with all APTA policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned to foster achievement of association priorities.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 3-5 years' experience in the certification profession.
- Association experience a plus.
APTA's outstanding benefits include generous annual vacation and sick leave, federal paid holidays, retirement contributions, and commuting subsidies for employees who choose public transit and active transportation.
APTA's headquarters are located across the street from the new Potomac Yard Metrorail station set to open in October 2022, with immediate access to the DMV's bike trail system. Opened in 2021, APTA Centennial Center's amenities include a fitness center, bike share, and health and wellness classes—all free to APTA employees. A WiFi-connected rooftop terrace offers views of the Potomac River and Washington, D.C. skyline, offering a great alternate work location or place to take a break.
Most staff positions are eligible for APTA's flexible work arrangement schedule. New hires must be employed three full consecutive months before being eligible to apply for a flexible work arrangement.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Principals only: no agencies; no phone calls, please. Candidates selected to participate in an interview will be contacted by Human Resources.
Equal Opportunity Employer: The American Physical Therapy Association is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
APTA participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information please visit e-verify.uscis.gov.
APTA is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce and invites and welcomes applicants with diversity of experience, mindset, and skills to add value to APTA and our staff community.
Position is located in Alexandria, VA.