Do you want to contribute to an organization dedicated to improving societal health? Would you like to collaborate with colleagues who are passionate about making a difference? Are you excited to work in a new state-of-the-art building designed to encourage movement, participation, and employee health?
Then you want to work for the American Physical Therapy Association!
APTA is the trusted leader for the physical therapy profession, representing 100,000 physical therapists, physical therapist assistants, and physical therapy students. Our team supports the association's mission to build a community that advances the profession of physical therapy to improve the health of society.
Seeking a team player with the ability to visualize and communicate systems, processes, and procedures. The right candidate for this position understands the importance of consistency in operations, including how information is shared. This candidate is able to identify needed process improvements across the organization and deploy tools and standardize procedures to create operational efficiencies. This candidate can also support how work across the whole organization aligns with its strategic priorities by tracking progress and helping to identify when course corrections are needed. Because the position manages the organization’s information assets, the right candidate understands the importance of ensuring staff have access to reliable information and data to help drive insights and decision-making.
As a member of the Organizational Performance team, you will implement efforts to support organizational priorities and activities within the Organizational Performance department. You will support unit efforts with a focus on departmental contributions to systems and data strategy, membership strategy, scientific strategy, education and certification strategy, and business strategy for the Association. You will participate and support efforts for appointed and member volunteer groups and APTA leadership. You will support preparation of compliance requirements and documents and seeks out opportunities for continuous quality improvement in department activities. You will be an effective champion of the Association vision, mission, and brand.
- Oversees development and maintenance of organizational processes and procedures.
- Provides management and oversight of APTA’s data governance program, including developing annual work plan.
- Manages review and acquisition of external data sources for the association; maintains inventory of external data.
- Establishes policies and procedures for managing and sharing information across the organization.
- Administers the internal and external survey process for the association.
- Tracks APTA strategic plan outcomes and supports strategic plan data collection and reporting.
- Oversees management of APTA’s archive collections and librarian services.
- Implements work plans related to respective activities of the Organizational Performance department.
- Contributes to quality assurance and continuous quality/performance improvement in department activities, including supporting department director and unit leader.
- Upholds and fosters team values.
- Complies with all APTA policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned to foster achievement of association priorities.
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar position
- Project management or continuous quality improvement experience
- Proven track record of delivering organizational efficiencies
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders and leaders across the organization
- Strong project management skills, with proven ability to multitask and adhere to tight deadlines
- Acute attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Experience in a member-oriented association preferred
- 0 - 5%- local, national
APTA's outstanding benefits include generous annual vacation and sick leave, federal paid holidays, retirement contributions, and commuting subsidies for employees who choose public transit and active transportation.
APTA's headquarters are located across the street from the new Potomac Yard Metrorail station set to open in October 2022, with immediate access to the DMV's bike trail system. Opened in 2021, APTA Centennial Center's amenities include a fitness center, bike share, and health and wellness classes—all free to APTA employees. A WiFi-connected rooftop terrace offers views of the Potomac River and Washington, D.C. skyline, offering a great alternate work location or place to take a break.
Most staff positions are eligible for APTA's flexible work arrangement schedule. New hires must be employed three full consecutive months before being eligible to apply for a flexible work arrangement.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Principals only: no agencies; no phone calls, please. Candidates selected to participate in an interview will be contacted by Human Resources.
Equal Opportunity Employer: The American Physical Therapy Association is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
APTA participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information please visit e-verify.uscis.gov.
APTA is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce and invites and welcomes applicants with diversity of experience, mindset, and skills to add value to APTA and our staff community.
Position is located in Alexandria, VA.