Do you want to contribute to an organization dedicated to improving societal health? Would you like to collaborate with colleagues who are passionate about making a difference? Are you excited to work in a new state-of-the-art building designed to encourage movement, participation, and employee health?
Then you want to work for the American Physical Therapy Association!
APTA is the trusted leader for the physical therapy profession, representing 100,000 physical therapists, physical therapist assistants, and physical therapy students. Our team supports the association's mission to build a community that advances the profession of physical therapy to improve the health of society.
Provides professional business development support of The Foundation for Physical Therapy Research, an affiliate of the American Physical Therapy Association. All staff of FPTR are employed by APTA and adhere to all APTA policies and procedures.
FPTR seeks an experienced fundraiser whose portfolio will include mid-level individual gifts, direct mail, and corporate sponsorships for virtual and in-person events. Key components of the position are the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors and prospects, corporate partnerships, and the management of the direct mail program. In addition, the Senior Specialist will support and participate in event planning efforts and will develop fundraising collateral in collaboration with the communications staff to enhance donor relations and build awareness of the Foundation. Effective champion of APTA's and FPTR's vision, mission, and goals; and the Association's brand. Reports to the FPTR Director of Development & Engagement and will work collaboratively with the FPTR team.
- Will work to implement work plans related to respective activities of the FPTR which align with organizational priorities and business strategy; specifically, advancing the fundraising goals and strategies of the FPTR which will include the implementation of a plan to renew donors prior to their renewal date and to reengage lapsed donors.
- Seek out and support opportunities for continuous quality improvement in FPTR activities, especially as they relate to supporting the fundraising goals of the Strategic Plan.
- Will lead and effectively manage all aspects of the direct mail program, including theme, quality control, printing, mailing, and fulfillment.
- Identify and cultivate outreach to the corporate sector for virtual (webinars) and in-person event sponsorships.
- Will supervise the Development Associate
- Provides further support of the Foundation’s operations, including opportunities to advance and gain efficiencies.
- Prepares, in consultation with the Director of Development and Engagement, data which supports and aligns with the FPTR data strategy; data preparation will include the use of integrated donor screening data as a mechanism to identify prospects and maximize the giving levels of the mid-level donor base.
- Upholds and fosters team values.
- Complies with all APTA policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned to foster achievement of association priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree required; business or marketing degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience with a strong track record of proven fundraising.
- Supervisory experience.
- Excellent database skills; knowledge of Raiser's Edge a plus.
- Excellent organizational, strategic planning and presentation skills.
- Must be highly organized; experienced in handling a variety of projects with proven abilities in prioritizing deadlines and seeing projects to completion.
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team.
- Excellent and effective communication skills – written and verbal.
- Must be proficient in MS Office and web-based applications.
- Up to 10% - local and national.
APTA's outstanding benefits include generous annual vacation and sick leave, federal paid holidays, retirement contributions, and commuting subsidies for employees who choose public transit and active transportation.
APTA's headquarters are located across the street from the new Potomac Yard Metrorail station set to open in October 2022, with immediate access to the DMV's bike trail system. Opened in 2021, APTA Centennial Center's amenities include a fitness center, bike share, and health and wellness classes—all free to APTA employees. A WiFi-connected rooftop terrace offers views of the Potomac River and Washington, D.C. skyline, offering a great alternate work location or place to take a break.
Most staff positions are eligible for APTA's flexible work arrangement schedule. New hires must be employed three full consecutive months before being eligible to apply for a flexible work arrangement.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: email@example.com.
Principals only: no agencies; no phone calls, please. Candidates selected to participate in an interview will be contacted by Human Resources.
Equal Opportunity Employer: The American Physical Therapy Association is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
APTA participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information please visit e-verify.uscis.gov.
APTA is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce and invites and welcomes applicants with diversity of experience, mindset, and skills to add value to APTA and our staff community.
Position is located in Alexandria, VA.